Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I've been humbled. >

I've been humbled.

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I've been humbled.

Old 05-25-2007, 06:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default I've been humbled.

Life begins anew.....

I was at a local watering establishment last night til......late. The local Moose Lodge has wing night every Thursday night and are they ever good. ..

I left later than usual because I couldn't be beat on the pool table, the beer was cold and the conversation wasn't lacking. On my way home I turned off the main road to a secondary road towards my house when suddenly a doe pop'd up out of the weeds, I all but skid to a halt. As she passed, her fawn followed wobbling as best it could.

All I could do is sit there and go AAAHHHhhhhhhh and simply be humbled. Any stress I may have had, any problems in the world disappeard while that little precious fawn stood mere yards in front of my Titan in the light. It was still wet, could barely walk and was such awonderful sight.

Life begins a new.....there is always hope and who knows, it could be the next world record and it was near my honey hole. It just needs to stay off the road!!!!! I just wanted to share that moment.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I've been humbled.

Cool! Everyone needs a God moment once in a while.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

cool experience but now i have a craving for chicken wings

[/align]
Old 05-25-2007, 06:58 AM
Dominant Buck

We think a LOT alike, pal.....I enjoyed that.

Have a great weekend.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

That's great Rob and it's nice to be humbled..
While we are sharing, as TX said "God Moments". This is unhunting related...but humbling non the less.

Weds is my Golf League night. Afterwards we sit around and have a couple brews. I was up at the bar having a nice cold Killians.watching the Yanks Redsox game..while the majority of my fellow golfers were out on the deck. I was sitting acrossed from an attractive and familiar looking female. Everyone knew her and said hi..as they passed by..dang it who is she?? Then I heard her say his name; "Bobby" and in an instant I knew.
Bobby was the Course Superintendant, he was a Gentleman in golf and in every aspect of life. Always one to take a minute to make you the most important person he could talk too. I played against him in his last normal match..always a competitor that would try his best (and he was good) to beat you and then buy you a beer and celebrate life. During our round (this is the late summer of 05) he commented on a sleep disorder that he was going to get checked out, the next day. Long story, tragically short...a Brain Tumor took his life less than 6 months later. He has 2 older kids and a lovely and caring wife. I heard her talking to a female companion of her struggles, emotionally. I still heard so much love and longing in her voice as she retold stories of Bobby.
Normally on Weds it's my 1 night "out"....after hearing her speak..all I wanted to do was go home to my family..and that's what I did. I prayed for her and her Family and mine and went home and played "Go Diego Go Treehouse" with Brandon and Brooke..My wife said your home early..I said yeah....

So enjoy the Moments when they come!!
Old 05-25-2007, 07:17 AM
RMA
Fork Horn

NICE...thanks for sharing almost like we've shared it with you.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

Great things happem on may 24th

Nice story
Old 05-25-2007, 07:20 AM
Dominant Buck

Very cool, Gr8.....Thanks for sharing.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:28 AM

ORIGINAL: Rhody Hunter

cool experience but now i have a craving for chicken wings

[/align]
Now I have a craving for cold beer.Nice story thanks for sharing.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

It is amazing how we who love the outdoors can be so significantly affected by things that those without the passion would simply pass off as "cool" and go on with their day.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.

Quick Reply: I've been humbled.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.