Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 will houses hurt my deer >

will houses hurt my deer

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

will houses hurt my deer

Old 05-24-2007, 07:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default will houses hurt my deer

There are about 10 houses being built across from my hunting land and i was wondering if this would hurt my deer hunting, nothing is changed behind my land just across from it. What do you guys think?
Old 05-24-2007, 07:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: will houses hurt my deer

It is too early to tell. It may very well change the deers patterns. How close to feeding and bedding areas are the houses going to be? Will the new owners have dogs that will run loose? There is so much we don't know about the situation.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

It depends how the deer used the area where the houses are going in. If it was their bedding area they might leave to another. If they just used it as a travel area they mighttravel thruyour land more. Need more details or an aireal photo to help you out.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know the size of the property you're talking about but I would certainly assume the hunting will be dramatically altered, especially once all the kids and their dogs start running around.

Best of luck though, there have been some tremedous deer taken in similar areas. The deer will eventually adapt and so will you, I'm sure.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:54 PM
Fork Horn

my hunting land is about 200 acres and where the houses are going is mostly open land and my land has most of the cover along with a food plot, sorry i don't have a ariel.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:58 PM
Typical Buck

i hunt a small patch of woods surrounded by house with a creek that runs thru it deer dont seem to mind the kids and stuff but they do spook wen they see some1 so its not liek their tame but they should get used to it

Old 05-24-2007, 07:58 PM
Typical Buck

i also work for a blacktop company so we pave alot of new developments and the deer are still all over them at night even when the houses are being built they adjust to it
Old 05-24-2007, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: IL-Cornfed

The deer will eventually adapt and so will you, I'm sure.
I think you will be alright, just make sure you POST the crap out of the property line and make sure people are keepin out of there!
Old 05-24-2007, 09:27 PM
Fork Horn

thanks for the help
Old 05-25-2007, 05:13 AM
Fork Horn

The area I primarily huntsurroundsa residential development. As the housing boom continues, more of us will be faced with these type situations. I believe that the deer will change their patterns to a certain degree, which may benefit you if your area remains unchanged. You may be on your way to providing them a sanctuary from the chaning landscape around them. I also find that the deer in and aroud these developments are a little more tolerant of foreign noise, movement, ect. Best of luck.

Quick Reply: will houses hurt my deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.