Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting/Outdoor Expo >

Hunting/Outdoor Expo

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting/Outdoor Expo

Old 05-24-2007, 10:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hunting/Outdoor Expo

Another good draw is to appeal to kids and families. I know this is a bit opposite of Fran's idea, but if you have a trout pond for the kids to fish in and a balloon shoot that will bring in some families.

Hey Germ, Penn State beat Michigan in 2005, and I don't care what the scoreboard said. BTW, have you guys paid off the refs for those 2 seconds yet. Those maize and blue hankies come in handy for all the crying you do to the officials.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like Fran's idea! Back to reality.Real deal authors hosting seminars is what appeals to me!Of course Ryan would draw like nothing else!
Old 05-24-2007, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

Another good draw is to appeal to kids and families. I know this is a bit opposite of Fran's idea, but if you have a trout pond for the kids to fish in and a balloon shoot that will bring in some families.
10-4 .. our big horn show in Spokane does a great job with the kids..big draw forsure..

Tsoc is right.. Rybo big draw especially with the new INK..hes just added!
Old 05-24-2007, 10:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

I still think y'all have gotta incorporate hotties into it - maybe round up the girls from the local Hooters restaurant and shoot a promotional "BBM's Hunting Hooter Hotties" calendar with the girls posing with the 12 biggest bucks brought in. Sell the calendars for your own personal gain. Heck with the radio station. Seriously. Time to start looking out for number one.

I'm a sucker for calling seminars. I'd go to almost any turkey calling seminar that I can find. Honestly, I'm probably a better caller than the guys giving the seminars, but I go anyway. I just can't stop myself.

I think it'sBerkeley that has an awesome aquarium that theydrag from showto show - they demonstrate lures and fish activity for the crowd. It's basically one of the only exhibits that can actually hold my feeble attention span for more than a few minutes.

I still stand by my original idea: Fill the place with hot chicks in camo, give everybody free beer, and watch all their spending inhibitions go right out the window. You'll have guys buying boats and bows on borrowed credit. The vendors will love it. Hire lots of bouncers and make them check their weapons at the door.

...and yes Germ, Avant's heel was out of bounds in '05. ...and I don't know who they had running the clock, but something tells me that it was Lloyd Carr's brother... "homefield advantage."

Old 05-24-2007, 11:00 AM
Boone & Crockett

He was standing on his toes, LOL That would still make 1 victory in the last ten years

BB

We did a paitball booth at cabelas once for kids. We did archery also, but I do not know the rules for you.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:13 PM

Rob Smollack the owner of ASAT Camouflage. Mr Elk.

From what I understand this guy is very good at Elk Seminars.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:18 PM

ORIGINAL: buttonbuckmaster

I am in the planning stages of hosting a Hunting/Outdoor Expo at a local convention center. I manage a radio station, we are looking at this as a way to pick up some new advertisers for our station and give local hunters something to do during the dog days of August. I'm looking for ideas. Besides exhibits from local taxidermists, archery shops, ATV dealers, etc.....what would be considered a good "draw" for a show like this? Advertising won't be a problem, we have unlimited amount of radio air time, I can get billboards and print ads as well. Any ideas would be welcomed...I think this could be a great thing for hunters/outdoor types in our area. I'm just trying to think of something that will help draw a large crowd.
I may have several sponsors that can get folks to participate. Let me know. We would like to be involved.

But I need to know where this will be located.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:21 PM

Hi bb,

What is the area and size of the venue you'll be using? I have attended several of these shows out west and have exhibited at a couple. Worthwhile seminars and"head & horns" type displays and contests are popular. You might also incorporate a 3D shoot or archery exhibition. Bringing in hunting celebrities or pro-hunting musicians can be a draw as well.

PM me info on sponsorship and exhibiting. We may be able to put up a booth, depending on the dates, the size, and such.

-- FLIX
Old 05-25-2007, 06:30 AM
Typical Buck

any competition of sorts, maybe a 3-D shoot out or something. Also, JERKY...if you can have a stand with jerky, I am all over it.
Old 05-27-2007, 06:21 PM

We used to have an outdoor expo every year in my area. The biggest draw was probably when Nugent showed up. He would yap about this or that and break out the guitar and play a couple songs, it was pretty cool. He only lived about an hour from the show, so it wasn't too big of deal for him to show up though. Since you work in Radio I'm sure you could probably find his number, but I'm not sure what state your in and I heard that Uncle Ted moved to Texas full time so that might be a challenge.

A open to everyone competition with some decent prizes would probably bring people in. Like an indoor 3D shoot with handicap of some kind.

Quick Reply: Hunting/Outdoor Expo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.