Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I finally joined the club!!!!! >

I finally joined the club!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I finally joined the club!!!!!

Old 05-23-2007, 03:53 PM

Default RE: I finally joined the club!!!!!

I had a 'buddy' ladder stand that me and my middle son used to hunt out of--before it was stolen! I had it locked on with a cable--on a lease!
Old 05-23-2007, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yep, invest in a good lock. I know if they really want it, they will get it. But a good lock usually makes it a pain in their a$$ they aren't willing to deal with. JMO
Old 05-23-2007, 04:19 PM
Typical Buck

"A lock is only going to keep an honest person honest." This is a quote from my grandpa that has held true to date.

I had just introduced my youngest daughter to hunting when we hung two hang-onstands in a split walnut tree sowe could hunt together. Perfect for early bow season overlooking a'wagon wheel' of deer trails. Once the leaves fell,both stands were stolen. We recovered both of the locks as the cables were easier to cut through with bolt cutters than the hardened locks and just tossed on the ground.We used climbing sticks and took them in and out each time we hunted the stands.

Yeah, we are a member of this club.[:@]
Old 05-23-2007, 07:03 PM
Dominant Buck

I have a friend on two occasions ran into problems. I'm not sure there are only two but one someone stole all of his steps left the stand. The second one someone stole the whole fricking tree. He was cracking up telling me this story. Someguy walk by and saw him. He was on state property that was very remote area. Right next to it was choice property hunted by guys borned with a silver spoon in their mouth. Anyway the guy started giving my friend a bunch of Barbra Streisand and my friend told him to piss off he had every right to be there because he was on public land. Went back a week later and the whole tree was gone. He only buys lock ons at $30 if he leaves them behind.