Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Safety Harness

Old 05-21-2007, 04:56 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Safety Harness

I don't like the vest type harness,I have owned many through the years,my favorite is the loggy bayou transformer system,it is an excelent harness.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:05 PM
Host of Hosts

I bought one last year made by Gorilla. Very much like the HSS. The only thing I don't like is that you can't access your pockets too easily. I would like a vest/safety system that offered a few pockets.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:13 PM
Typical Buck

HSS is the best on the market. I love mine, I feel much more secure in the tree and it is soooooooo much easier to put on/more comfortablethan other harnesses! Spend the extra $$ and get the best to save your life in the long run!
Old 05-23-2007, 09:54 AM
Spike

I have the Rocky version of this and it is a little heavy although I never felt that it was too warm to wear especially in the early season. I used to use a full harness but I couldn't stand untangling the straps everytime especially in the morning. I fell very secure with it on.

Last year I put it to the test when I fell out of my tree stand. It felt like the straps went so far up my A$$ I could unbuckle them with my teeth. There have been threads where they claim it's difficult to get out of if you are just hanging there and I would have to agree with that. I was able to pull myself over to the ladder and climb up from there and continue the hunt.

I love the vest and the feeling of security it gives me,I won't leave home without it.

Old 05-23-2007, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also use the HSS system and haven't looked back. I really like mine. Easy to put on, big buckles so no fumbling around in the dark, and the mesh makes it impossible to get the straps screwed up. I highly recommend it if you are looking for a quality harness system. Not sure how big you are, but I bought the Pro System on in their biggest size, and I'm 6'10" 350+, and the thing is plenty roomy for me, I think the definitely run a little big. You may want to buy one where you can try it on first.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

I broke down and bought the HSS... with a wife and kids..I owe it to my family and need to model it for my boys. I hunted for years without ever using a safety belt when I was single, its funny how the wife and kids get you thinking differently.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:27 AM
Dominant Buck

its funny how the wife and kids get you thinking differently.
Congrats, shed......me, too .