Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Buying a trail camera....which one should i get >

Buying a trail camera....which one should i get

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Buying a trail camera....which one should i get

Old 05-17-2007, 10:40 AM

Default Buying a trail camera....which one should i get

Looking to spend around 200 bucks for a digital trail camera. let me know what camera you have and how you like it. I just want one again....
Old 05-17-2007, 11:57 AM

Default RE: Buying a trail camera....which one should i get

I like my Wildview 2.0. It's a workhorse, takes decent photos. Camera, two sets of rechargeable batteries, charger, and memory card came to about $200 even. Only real con is a slow trigger time. Put it out at a mineral site.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:12 PM
Spike

Moultrie makes one that is about 100.00 and you can get a rechargeable battery with solar panel and up grade with a card to take ton of picture for less than two hundred. We have used them and they do a good job for scouting. We are not using them for photos but strictly for knowing what is there.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

The new Moultries are just hitting the stores. Theyclaima 1 second trigger time and great battery life on all models. I would definitely look into those.
Old 05-17-2007, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

What about the best basic IR gamecam? I don't need 5 megapixels and am looking to spend $2-300. The Talon (1.3 model) looks good, and I saw where Bushnell and Stealthcam have some cheaper models now. Is Moultrie coming out with new IR cams?
Old 05-17-2007, 01:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LebeauHunter

What about the best basic IR gamecam? I don't need 5 megapixels and am looking to spend $2-300. The Talon (1.3 model) looks good, and I saw where Bushnell and Stealthcam have some cheaper models now. Is Moultrie coming out with new IR cams?

Yep
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/common/search/search-results1.jsp?QueryText=moultrie+camera&N=4887& amp;Ntk=Products&Ntx=mode+matchall&Nty=1&a mp;Ntt=moultrie+camera&noImage=0
Old 05-17-2007, 01:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have been using the stealth cams and have no comlaints....out of 8 35mm ones only one was bad and the rest work fine (don't work very well on extremely hot days--100 degree plus until it cools off some)...plus you can get the 6 volt rechargable battery pack and they work awesome..lots of battery life.......you can also get their digitals and use the 6 volt pack and it lasts around 2 months......very awesome and takes good pics...
Old 05-17-2007, 02:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

SuperRedHawk,

Those Moultrie IR models look nice, and the price is good for 5 megapixel with LCD screen. As far as I can tell these were just released, does anybody have a review of them?
Old 05-17-2007, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do you mean the 6mp? Only a coupleshown there are IR models.
I have'nt seen any reviews, waiting to see some on the tc forum. I may buy a couple myself very soon!
Old 05-17-2007, 03:12 PM

Save your money and hit the Cabela's bargain cave. I was just there and bought 2 Wildview 3.1 for $100 each. I had purchased a wildview 2.0 and it worked great last year. I left it out in the woods for 2 weeks and came back to 353 pictures! I would HIGHLY recommend the Wildview cameras. this way you can get 2 cameras for your budget rather than just 1. I mean, in all reality, do you really care how crystal clear your pictures are? No, you just want to see what's out there. Buy the 2 cameras and be set.

Also, one other piece of advice. If you do go with the Wildview, spend the $30 and buy the 12V batteries. This way, you can let it sit out there for a couple months at a time, and you can also recharge it. Rather than spending $8 a shot on 4 C batteries that run out every couple weeks, you just spend $30 once.

Quick Reply: Buying a trail camera....which one should i get

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.