Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What buck haunts you??? >

What buck haunts you???

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What buck haunts you???

Old 05-17-2007, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What buck haunts you???

ORIGINAL: jmbuckhunter

This one, I have never seen him in the daylight. I have 2 pics of him and have seen him 3 different times in my neighborhood, Always in the dark. The last time was about 4 years ago. I still dream about this buck.

awesome whitetail
Old 05-17-2007, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

This buck has been coming out to my food plot for two years. He's a big nine, only last year he was a nine with the split g-2 on the opposite side. I'm surprised he didn't gain any more points, but he did gain mass. I had thought it was a different buck, but the shape of his rack was so much the same I ruled it out. These pics are 70 yds out from my back window. I put some corn out in June to watchhim close to the house. For two years this buck turned nocturnal and disappears about 3 weeks before fall bow. So this year I'll try to get-em again. I haven't seen him yet, but once my plot starts to push, he'll show.........hopefully.

Anyone ever heard of a spliy g-2 on the opposite side the following year?

These pics are from late June, they grew quite a bit more up until the last I saw him inAugust. He's not a midwest giant, but for Jersey he'll do just fine.

Yes, this buck definately haunts me.

Old 05-17-2007, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I haven't shot a mature deer on my home farm since 03 simply trying to hunt one specific deer we've first saw in 04. In 06 we sighted him three times, once a mere 40 yards out my back door. He is a perfect 12. Last year, he would easily score 170. Being a 12 definitely make a difference. Over the years, he grown some great mass and I suspect he's pushing 7 yrs old this year. So, I don't know if he'll be on the downslide. My patience is running out, but I've devoted a lot of hours trying to just get a glimpse of him while on the stand. No other hunter has taken him legally, so I'm still hoping. He definitely haunts me. Luckily my Kansas trip has been a little more productive while I wait him out.
kel
Old 05-17-2007, 10:19 PM

Last yr it was getting close to closing & I heard what I thought was antlers rubbing against each other. I grunted a couple of times. Nothing. So about 10 min. later I put my arrow in the quiver & hooked up my sling to lower the bow & wouldn't u know it, an awesome 8 ptr. beelines right up to my tree. 15 yds standing broadside. Now I'm in a stand & scrambling to unlatch the sling & get an arrow back on. He starts to walk & grunt. He stops, then I finally get my arrow nocked. My fingers couldn't move fast enough. I draw back & bounds off to about 40yds w/no shot possible. It was the biggest buck I've seen. Couldn't belive my luck. Of course, I tried grunting but he was well on his way else where. Wait'll this yr buddy, I'll be waitn'.