Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What buck haunts you??? >

What buck haunts you???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What buck haunts you???

Old 05-16-2007, 09:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What buck haunts you???

this one is starting too.. I hope he made the winter again

Old 05-16-2007, 10:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have game pics of a bruiser that i watch every summer, he dissapers around Sept. another is one i have 3 of his sheds but no one has ever seen him.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:01 AM
Giant Nontypical

The 8 point I messed up a shot on last year. I got bad buck fever and held my index finger over the arrow. When I drew I pulled the string off the nock. 10 yd broadside opportunity. The best I've ever had bowhunting and I blew it. I have seen him several times since. I hope to get another chance although I'll probably choke again!
Old 05-16-2007, 12:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

The deer that I saw two years ago during rifle season in SE Oklahoma (on public land). I won't discuss inches because I don't want to be called a liar... A buddy and I were leaving camp at about 11:30am and this deer just about runs into the truck and then turns and trots down the dirt road straight away before turning back into the cedars. We sat there with our jaws dropped (literally) in silence for about 45 seconds before it really registered. I still think about that deer at least once a week...
Old 05-16-2007, 02:37 PM

ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

There's 1 ..but like Barry Bonds..I have no further comment!
You take steroids to hunt???
Old 05-16-2007, 02:54 PM

every time i think of big bucks i think of the booner that walked within 35 yards of my stand the very first year i started deer hunting, around 5 or 6 years ago. long story short a doe snort, sent him over the side of the hill leaving me VERY upset. he probably easily went 160-170 and it was just a ten pointer. perfect symetry lots of mass and a very generous inside spread. THRE PERFECT example of a typical whitetail. makes me sick to even think about it.

of course there is the 140 class ten point i missed with my muzzleloader from 50 yards[&:]
Old 05-16-2007, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

This one, I have never seen him in the daylight. I have 2 pics of him and have seen him 3 different times in my neighborhood, Always in the dark. The last time was about 4 years ago. I still dream about this buck.

Old 05-16-2007, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is the only mugshot I have of him on this computer, but here it goes. With a conservative spread, he would've gross just over 200" as a 9 pointframe. Unfortunately I was able to hunt after him only 1 time last year, as I arrowed my buck early in the year in a different spot.

Old 05-16-2007, 04:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

jmbuckhunter, that thing is HUGE!!!!I'm not haunted, but I think often of this buck I rattled in last year in Alberta. It was about noon time, I caught movement after a short sequence. This thick a$$ 10pt, probably 160",comes out of these spruce trees and willows about 20yrds straight in front of me. I stand, nocked and ready while he takes a couple of steps anglingto my right.He stops and looks around for the source of the "fight", I can see he's getting nervous.I can't move without being spotted because he's so close (19yrds) and small growth in the way. He turns and just walks directly away from me.
Iinitially second guessed my decision not to try a shot at him because I'm sure many guys would have, plus he was the biggest buck I've ever seen in my life.He was a real AlbertaPIG, around 300lbs I would guess. I look back and realize I gave that buck the "RESPECT" he deserved. A memory I will cherish.

Old 05-16-2007, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

A mature & heavy 140 class 8-point in Michigan. At the time it was probably the biggest buck I'd ever seen by at-least 30 inches, so it was HUGE to me. I was at full-draw at about 4 yards and didn't shoot because I didn't know any better at the time. I've since seen many world class deer - but that buck is the one that shouldn't have gotten away! O-well, live and learn!

Quick Reply: What buck haunts you???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.