Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

$750

Old 05-13-2007, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default $750

ok guys i know you are all really sick of threads but you are all smarter then me so im making another one. I have decided to get rid of the ole Browning Yukon and upgrade. to make a long story short im gonna buy all new everything and i have about $750-$800 to spend. I am going to buy a bowtech or a diamond because that is what my local shop sells. my question is, do you suggest buying a better bow and skimp out on all the accessories a little? or get a little cheaper bow and get better accesories? any suggestions on bowtech or diamond bows are GREATLY appreciated.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: $750

IMO you shoul not just get a bowtech or diamond just because its what your local shop sells. I think you should shoot as many bows as you can to find the one that fits you, even though it might require some extra driving.Granted, i do not know howfar you'll need to drive to shoot other bows, ijust don't think you should limit yourself to these choices.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:33 PM
Fork Horn

I would drive a little and shoot other bows. Sometimes the high end bows are not the best for you and sometimes they are. I was thinking about buying a Matthews but found that I shoot better with a PSE. I love my PSE. I think it is better to get the one that suits you best and if you still have enough $ to accessorize it, then do that instead of just getting one of the so called "BEST" bows. Good Luck.
Old 05-13-2007, 10:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

Eh... save the gas money. You'd just end up coming back and buying a Bowtech or Diamond anyway.

[8D][8D]

OK... what are you looking for in a bow? What's most important to you? Speed? Looking for a smoother draw? Lack of vibration? Is the $700-800 you mentioned you've got in mind for everything, i.e., rest, sight, stabilizer, new arrows, etc.? Or is that bare bow? Will this solely be a hunting bow? Treestand only, perhaps? Or will you also use it to try your hand at some 3d?

If you don't mind, prioritize your list somewhat based on the suggestions I've outlined here... Only then can we make a truly intelligent offer; otherwise, all you're going to hear is other people's favorites, which may or may not be what you're looking for in a bow at all.
Old 05-15-2007, 10:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

You could always get a good used bow. The way some people trade their bows in EVERY year means that someone is getting a deal out there, a bow used for only one season!
Old 05-15-2007, 10:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

You could always get a good used bow. The way some people trade their bows in EVERY year means that someone is getting a deal out there, a bow used for only one season!
Greg's definately got you covered in this category. It all depends on what YOUR looking for out of a bow and weather you talking bare bow or equiped.

Use might be the way togo. You can get an 06 model with a few shots threw it fora LOT lessmoney!