Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 field points getting loose >

field points getting loose

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

field points getting loose

Old 05-12-2007, 08:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default field points getting loose

Is it just me or do other experience this . I just got back from shooting targets and it seem i'm always checking to see if my field point is coming loose they loosen up here and there . now i keep checking each one before i shoot . I don't know if it is the way i'm pulling them from the target or what ? Is there somthing that will help keep them tight with out making them impossible to remove afterwards ?

[/align]
Old 05-12-2007, 09:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: field points getting loose

When I used to shoot fieldpoints I checked each one every time to make sure they were tight. I do the same with my practice broadheads now. Peace of mind.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

One thing I do that seems to help, cover the threads with wax. It seems to keep them from rattling loose near as much. Also you can use a pair of pliers to snug them up, I dont think I have ever had one come loose after doing that. Only bad thing is you pretty much need pliers to take them off. Hope this helps, and good luck.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:03 AM
Fork Horn

yea mine come loose after every shot. its quite annoying actually.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Fletch your arrows so that they spin in the direction that tightens them when they hit your target. Also, put string wax on the threads as was already suggested.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bohning Thread Tite works very nice.

As Greg said a right helical or offset will help keep your points snug by rotating into the target with the threads of your tips rather than against them.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

The arrows have a right offsetto them already . I'm glad i am not the only one with thisgoing on.it kept happening so i to was checking the tip often , I will try the wax and maybe a firm tightening with pliers and see if that helps

[/align]
Old 05-12-2007, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: passthru79

One thing I do that seems to help, cover the threads with wax. It seems to keep them from rattling loose near as much. Also you can use a pair of pliers to snug them up, I dont think I have ever had one come loose after doing that. Only bad thing is you pretty much need pliers to take them off. Hope this helps, and good luck.
yup it always works!
Old 05-12-2007, 09:36 PM

Happens to me often dude. I think it's pretty common. I check em after every or every other shot as I walk back to the line from down range.
Old 05-12-2007, 10:10 PM

Wax takes care of it.

Here's a thought I just had about this.......Other than being annoying, does it affect anything?? I mean, I know eventually they will come all the way out.....But other than that??

Quick Reply: field points getting loose

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.