Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who will shoot the biggest Buck(inches) in 2007 >

Who will shoot the biggest Buck(inches) in 2007

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
buckeyebuckhntr
7.76%
lady forge
2.45%
Hiawatha
2.86%
dabowhunter
0.82%
MotownHonkey
2.04%
Woodline Bucks
0.41%
fshafly2
0%
Germ
4.90%
kcison
2.45%
kshunter
8.98%
Greg/Mo
5.71%
GregH
13.47%
Antler eater
2.04%
Shed33
5.71%
Rob/PA Bowyer (Half Rack)
5.71%
TFJ
0.82%
DAGGER BUCK 2
0%
HNI Justin
2.45%
MichaelHunsucker
13.06%
IL CORNFED
6.12%
Wolfen
0.82%
WKP/Todd
2.04%
stikbow26
0.82%
dukemichaels
0.41%
Bloodbro
1.22%
_dan
2.04%
wis_bow_huntr
3.67%
PEAKRUT
1.22%
Voters: 245. You may not vote on this poll

Who will shoot the biggest Buck(inches) in 2007

Old 05-12-2007, 05:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Who will shoot the biggest Buck(inches) in 2007

ORIGINAL: Big Duane

stupid thread really because there are so many good hunters here, and so many people hunting in prime big buck country that can luck into a monster, you cannot predict it. I hunt in an areas known for 200" typicals and 240+ non-typicals and I wouldn't bet on me even seeing one and I've got a leg up on people just being in their country hunting
Lighten up Francis .... it's just something to kick around for fun .....
Old 05-12-2007, 06:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

I can't say in inches as the deer up here have more body than mass on their heads. But, to put it simply, if I can get to see the buck my son had missed this year with his first real rifle hunt. The answer will be a surprise to you.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:15 AM
Super Moderator

Shed33 or Kshunter have to be considered early favorites, just look at the brutes they have put down over the years. Oh yeah, if I can regain permission to hunt the riverbottom ground that I used to hunt of which a timber company bought a few years ago I might score bigtime.
Old 05-12-2007, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I voted for myslef because, as preacher mentioned, i got that horseshoe and its not goin anywhere

Oh yeah, and the obvious reason....im going to shoot the guy who dropped this:

It scored just over 93" Should be 200+ this year

...that is of course assuming his other side isnt a spike [8D]

Old 05-12-2007, 07:31 AM

The great thing is it could be any of us!

I wouldn't rule out anyone.

Who knows, maybe this will finally be my year? Been a long time coming.

Last Sunday I scouted/turkey hunted a 800 acre spot of river bottom. It is about 1000 yards from the back of my shop
Lots of good sign back there.
The strange thing is, it is public hunting but only about 3 people bowhunt it according to the conservation officer I talked to when I was walking out.
He said that when it first was donated and made public about 4 years ago there were a bunch of people hunting it. They shot deer and had to drag them about a mile to the access. Most did not hunt there again.
My plan is to hunt it, shoot a monster, drag it to the river and come get it with my partners canoe.
I can hunt 4 mornings per week, all season long andhunt every Sunday at the farms in NE Iowa I have permission to hunt.
Oct 1st can't get here soon enough for me!
Old 05-12-2007, 07:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MichaelHunsucker

I voted for myslef because, as preacher mentioned, i got that horseshoe and its not goin anywhere
Disclaimer: Those that don't know my humor or have no sense of humor, I believe that Mike scores because he does what it takes to do so .... that being said, the golden shoe is clenched pretty tight into place, I hear [8D]
Old 05-12-2007, 07:46 AM
Bartender

Guided or unguided hunts?
Old 05-12-2007, 08:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

While Iknow that Kshunter, MichaelHunsucker, WKP / Todd and Stikbow26 have the abilities and the land to make it happen (lay down a 170+ buck). Most times a 170+ buck isn't the first shooteryou run into and with the pressure of getting footage for their videos it will be tuff........ Odd's are much higher of running into a 140-150 class buck first.

The person who will shoot the biggest buck this year will be the guy who's first shot opportunity (or first "connected" opportunity) is ata mature buck is the 160-170+ variety.

Not many people wouldn't drop the string on a 140 buck, that's really what makes this question of Germs so hard to call [8D]
[/align]
Old 05-12-2007, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

While Iknow that Kshunter, MichaelHunsucker, WKP / Todd and Stikbow26 have the abilities and the land to make it happen (lay down a 170+ buck). Most times a 170+ buck isn't the first shooteryou run into and with the pressure of getting footage for their videos it will be tuff........ Odd's are much higher of running into a 140-150 class buck first.

The person who will shoot the biggest buck this year will be the guy who's first shot opportunity (or first "connected" opportunity) is ata mature buck is the 160-170+ variety.

Not many people wouldn't drop the string on a 140 buck, that's really what makes this question of Germs so hard to call [8D]

[/align]
On a serious note, this is actually a very good answer...

Seem's like the guys that put down a monster most of the time are guys that dont hunt as much, just like my brother this year and his 180" monster that he got. I think he hunted 3 days this year Lucky little man
Old 05-12-2007, 09:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

Man there are some people on that list that drop the hammer on some BIG bucks. Too many really to make a clear leader.
No offense meant to Rob, but I there's a better chance of hitting the powerball than a PA buck topping that list.

Quick Reply: Who will shoot the biggest Buck(inches) in 2007

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.