Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
4in. Gateways on a helical with cool onestringer wrap
30.00%
Blazer at on offset with a cool onestringer wrap
65.00%
Mix it up and go half and half
5.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

What to do

Old 05-10-2007, 01:55 PM

Default RE: What to do

ORIGINAL: SwampCollie

ORIGINAL: archer58

I also like the little better foc w/ the feathers. They penetrated the target several inches better and the only diff. was blazers vs. feathers. Same point/arrow.

You really think thats why? Because the difference in about 10 gr of weight will not equal enough momentum to give you "several inches" more penetration, nor will it give you more speed (edit: at least not enough speed to quantify that much more penetration into the target). Either you were shooting a different spot on the target, from a different range, using a different arrow or you are just grossly exaggerating to justify not being able to make up your mind.
Nope, Same arrow except for the fletching.I believe I said that.
Also SAME spot ,Same distance. Next time I'll take a picture.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:14 PM

I said Blazers, but I would use helical on them as well. It works very very well. Either way though, you're doing yourself VERY good getting wraps from onestringer.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:20 PM

I voted for the feathers but don't get gateway

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

I would go with Trueflight feathers over Gateway if you were going to go feathers... for most of us that have shot both companies, we'll tell you there's no comparison.
Amen !!
Old 05-10-2007, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

i know mobow i have been talking with him since december and got some sample that have worked great then i broke my arm and put everything on hold