Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Look what I found >

Look what I found

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Look what I found

Old 05-09-2007, 07:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Look what I found

A guy I work with was telling me about a 5 pointer he found laying on the bank of the river just down from my home .I wasn't very interested in a 5 point ,but since i was in the area I decdided to walk down to the river and this is what i found .
I suspect this buck got caught in the river during the winter month's and fell through ,getting caught up inder the ice ,when the river broke open ,I believe he was washed down the river to this location getting trapped here after the water went down .
Needless to say it wasn't a very pleasant job getting the head ,but after getting through the smell ,I finally got it and have it hanging so that the critter's don't get to it ,I even covered the horn's ,so the sun doesn't bleech them any more that it already had.

This picture is of the buck as I first walked over the bank

Don't pay any mind to the date on the camera ,everytime I recharge the batteries the time and date return to this date ,I haven't tried to figure it out any more because it doesn't matter how I save it ,it just keep's going back to this date.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lok what I found

Damn, that is a dandy buck. That's too bad.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:31 AM
Dominant Buck

That's an awesome animal.....and nature is SO unkind.

Did you EVER think a buck like that lived in YOUR woods?

Sorry....just looked....ONTARIO........I guess you DID!!...lol
Old 05-09-2007, 07:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nubo,
Yummy!...Did you take the backstraps?

Nice buck, he'll make a sweet European style mount.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Where I am GMMAT ,this is a pretty decent buck ,if you want bigger buck's you need to go further north . Although we do have some larger ,but this guy is definately a good exampleof what we produce here in my end of Ontario.

Just think I wasn't even going to look at this buck because my friend said it was a 5 pointer LOL
I'm going to have a Euro mount done with this guy .

Matt/PA

You can only imagine what it was like taken this head off this buck ,I had a cloth wrapped around my head sprayed down with a cleaner and it didn't help cover the smell . Let's just say i was still gagging day's later at just the thought of it LOL

nubo
Old 05-09-2007, 07:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

that is a beauty.. too bad he had to go that way...

Nice find.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

That'sa shame! He would have been a dandy in another season! But,... atleast you got to recover the headgear to fondle once in awhile.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:44 AM
Dominant Buck

nubo:

Not familiar with your city.....but we travel to Ontario a few times a year. We'll be on Lake Eerie in July (Friends live in Brantford) for a boating weekend.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Nubo,
Yummy!...Did you take the backstraps?
LOL!!!!Actually laugh out loud at the computer and look like an even bigger idiot than usual funny.

Life certainly is not easy in the wild. Survives that long and then slips through the ice or whatever. Amazing.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

GMMAT!

I'm quite a piece away from you [Lake Erie].The nearest city from me would be [30klm] to Barrie Ont or I'm about 100klm SW of Toronto. I live in a small village called Creemore] maybe you've heard of our beer [Creemore Spring's ]it has a with a population of 1200 people ,so I'm close to all hunting here .

Huntingson!

I figure he slipped through the ice, for the simple reason is that if he had just died ,the coyote's and raven's would have gotten to him ,but as you can see he's been untouched ,and becauseI found him laying on the river bank where when the river break's open in the spring , I know that he had been washed up on shore after the river had lowered .,This is why I believe he was under the ice ,nothing had gotten to him ,but the other possability is that he was hit by a car first and had made it to the river and then slipped in . This deer had no wound's thatI could see ,or thatI wanted to inspect any closer than I did .LOL

nubo

Quick Reply: Look what I found

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.