Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Help on gear.... >

Help on gear....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Help on gear....

Old 05-08-2007, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Help on gear....

I am right now looking around for some gear for my new 07' Drenalin, and I need some help.

First I was looking at the new G5 sights....but they are right hand only(of coarse I am left handed). Then I started looking at some of the Trophy Ridge sights...the Outfitter Series AX with the pins coming from the bottom and top right side of the sight. They look very nice and have dual dampeners. Anyway it doesn't say right or left handed so I wonder if they fit? Some of the other sights like the Guide Series Micro Matrix specifically say right hand only.

Second does anyone know what STS I need for the Drenalin? Rear mount or front mount? Also single or dual setup?

Third what kind of rests are most of you left handed hunters using? I haven't looked at much mathews gear but if need be I could easily spring for that if it's left handed and has the dampeners.

And no this isn't my first bow by any stretch, I just haven't been keeping up on the latest and greatest archery products this spring/early summer like normal. Anyway if you guys have some nice looking setups then help a brother out.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Help on gear....

I would look into the Black an Gold sights they have a lifetime warranty. I have the seven inch Doinker stabalizer an NAP arrowrest.
Old 05-08-2007, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the reply.....btw, what are you guys using for a quick detachable quiver?
Old 05-08-2007, 09:50 PM

As for sights if your looking for a good bright fiber optic you could look at toxonics metal optics line. I dont have an sts on mine and have no experience with the sts brand but I do have a mean v css . The guy custom makes thm to your bow and they make for a lot cleaner lot imho. He'll also have it dipped in a camo pattern to match the bow if you want for a little extra money. I'll get a picture of mine shortly and put it on here.
Detachable quivers is up to how much you want to spend. The new mathews quivers are sweet and I have one of those on order. If your looking for something a little cheaper you can't go wrong with the alpine soft lock it's a great quiver.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:10 PM

Here are a couple of pics of the css

Old 05-08-2007, 10:12 PM

here's the other one

Old 05-09-2007, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HighCountry_BruteForce

I started looking at some of the Trophy Ridge sights...the Outfitter Series AX with the pins coming from the bottom and top right side of the sight. They look very nice and have dual dampeners. Anyway it doesn't say right or left handed so I wonder if they fit? Some of the other sights like the Guide Series Micro Matrix specifically say right hand only.

Second does anyone know what STS I need for the Drenalin? Rear mount or front mount? Also single or dual setup?
The TR Outfitter and Guide Series X and AX sights are "Universal Right/Left handed" models. You're good to go

Concerning the STS, as mentioned, go with the rear single for your Mathews.

It sounds like you're well on your way to having an impressive hunting rig, best of luck with it this fall.

Also, I'm no lefty so I can't speak for any LH rests but there are several awesome rests available that will impress you. The best of the best are either the Whisker Biscuit IF you prefer, or desire, a full containment rest..... OR, if you'd rather go with a fallaway design (which I would anyday!) then take a serious look at theTR Drop Zone, Trophy Taker, Ripcord, QAD, or NAP models... these rest have a great track record and have their own legions of fans. Good luck and good shootin'
Old 05-09-2007, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I put a Muzzy ZErest, Sight Master sight and a Bohning Lynx quiver on my Drenalin and they seem to work fine.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: livinfortherut

Here are a couple of pics of the css

x2

meanv2 (Dan) makes a fantastic product. He is a great guy to deal with as well. Definately recommend a CSS over the STS.

As for the sights, I don't know if vital gear is making a lefty sight or not. But if they are, its a great choice. I would look into a QAD LD for a good hunting drop away.
Old 05-09-2007, 12:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep, you want to get a CSS from Dan (MeanV2) on Archery Talk... Best product on the market in that area.

I had a Trophy Ridge on one of my bows before, and wasn't a huge fan. Just don't like all the plastic components. I've seen Rob talk highly about the Viper sights, and they've got a harmonic dampener in them that would match your Mathews to a "T" as well.

Quick Reply: Help on gear....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.