Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Next World Record? >

Next World Record?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Next World Record?

Old 05-07-2007, 09:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Next World Record?

oh yeah and i forgot of course north carolina with suck antler restrictios and so many hunters that want big deer and of course put in all of the work for it
Old 05-07-2007, 09:52 PM

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

Illinois, Ohio, and im not ruling out Kentucky, its a sleeper state
X 2 Ky is def underestimated when it comes to big bucks, just check the records and itll shock you, although most big bucks taken here are by gun.

cant rule out saskatchewan or alberta either.
Old 05-07-2007, 10:52 PM

I doubt it will be wisconsin though I hope so. We do have some big bucks but in every portion of the state I've hunted in you don't see alot of them during legal shooting light. The other states have the rut phases working for them to ge deer on there feet, sadly imho we do not do to a massivly wacked out buck to doe ratio. (because in wisconsin a 75 lbs spike is a better kill than a mature doe for the majority of the state). I have not hunted buf. countybecause i'm not independantly wealthy, so I can't comment on that one particular area.
Back on topic now, I would say Iowa kansa or ill. would all be in the front running.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Either Sask. or Alberta.
I'll find out next year and let you know.

Bobby
Old 05-08-2007, 05:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

It won't be Texas. Not for a P&Y. They don't allow animals from behind a high fence do they? SCI, well maybe.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:30 AM

IOWA OR POSIBLY INDIANA
Old 05-08-2007, 06:36 AM
Typical Buck

My first pick would be Alberta.

Some large tracts in Virginia are starting to practice solid antler managment, if they can feed the deer enough, you might find a big one coming out of the Old Dominion
Old 05-08-2007, 07:11 AM

Nebraska would own the record if someone had killed the "General" (World Record Sheds) and we wouldn't even know who Milo Hanson is. On a recent trip to the St. Louis Cabela's I saw replicas of both bucks side by side, the "General" dwarfed the "World Record". Don't count out Northern Missouri, Randolf County has the #3 Typical of all time. If we had our gun season after the rut like IL, IA, and KS we would be the greatest deer hunting state in the country, I might be biased.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am going with Canada as well. In the midwestern states, it seems the older bucks get a lot of extra junk which will hurt the typical score. Awesome bucks no doubt, but to get that big and still be able to score 210+ typical is a pretty major freak deer.
Old 05-08-2007, 07:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

Kentuckey

Quick Reply: Next World Record?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.