HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Shed &mushroom hunting pics (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/190676-shed-mushroom-hunting-pics.html)

statjunk 05-07-2007 08:59 AM

RE: Shed &mushroom hunting pics

Lots of ways. Guys I know just butter them and cook them with onions. Eat them straight up. I like mine with turkey or beef in some light sauce or straight up too but not with butter. They make great meals. There's a reason they are so pricey.

Tom

zubba 05-07-2007 09:35 AM

Nice finds. Looks good

TROPHYHUNTER25 05-07-2007 10:09 AM

congrats on the shrums

KSbowman 05-07-2007 03:20 PM

Nice finds!! I bet you enjoyed those mushrooms

in da woods 05-07-2007 04:47 PM

Nice find! Just went out last week myself, got a few morel, but small 2-3". Need some warmer weather here. Planning on goin' out tommorrow morning.

drstalker 05-07-2007 05:37 PM

Garminator,a pat of butter,a couple tablespoons of olive oil,salt and pepper and some sliced or minced onions.Take them from the skillet and throw in a bit mo butta,and season up a venison steak any ole way yo like,takedat steak out of the skillet and deglaze the skillet with some red wine or woershester sauce,then pour dat over dem steak en shrooms,OOh I guarauntee yo gunna like it.:DOr just fry the mushrooms up like I mentioned in the beginning.

PreacherTony 05-07-2007 07:30 PM

ORIGINAL: drstalker

Garminator,a pat of butter,a couple tablespoons of olive oil,salt and pepper and some sliced or minced onions.Take them from the skillet and throw in a bit mo butta,and season up a venison steak any ole way yo like,takedat steak out of the skillet and deglaze the skillet with some red wine or woershester sauce,then pour dat over dem steak en shrooms,OOh I guarauntee yo gunna like it.:DOr just fry the mushrooms up like I mentioned in the beginning.
LOL! dr ... your makin' me drool!

huntboy3181 05-08-2007 11:29 AM

i went out looking for morels last weekend a little bit and it was just a little bit too early, but i did find what would have been a dandy shed. i think it was off a really nice 10 pointer i had on camera but i'm not sure.. it was really chewed up. the beam was chewed off just before where the g-4 would have been and the g-2 was chewed off half way up.. but it was really heavy.. too bad though, might have topped the set from the 8 pointer my dad found

bowtech die hard 05-08-2007 09:04 PM

are you guys serious? WOW! Dude crush up some ritz crackers real fine and put your shrooms in some light beaten eggs, then dip them in the finely crushed ritz crackers. You guys will thank me later...I guarantee it.

drstalker 05-09-2007 05:23 AM

That does sound good Bowtech die hard!