Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 un-be-LIEVABLE!!!!!!! >

un-be-LIEVABLE!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

un-be-LIEVABLE!!!!!!!

Old 05-05-2007, 10:59 PM
Fork Horn

Default un-be-LIEVABLE!!!!!!!

This is too much. As many of you know, I got a new bow not too long ago. Also, many of you are aware of some of the problems I had with getting things all dialed in. As things go, I got the bow so that it shot really rather well. But for what ever reason, perhaps my stance opened up, my muscles stretched, I dunno - I begin to feel that the bow is drawing to short. So I call the pro from the pro shop and he says come on down and we will check it out. When I got there he was busy with another customer so he let me play with an identical bow to mine, excpet for draw lenght. The first time I drew the bow back I knew I was on to something. It felt oh soooo much more comfortable. I didn't know how to we would correct the situation as the bow is draw length specific. I expected that we would order new cams and strings and go from there.

Here is what ended up happening. The shop owner had his son take all the gear off my old bow (which I had shot at least 2000 times), put it on the new bow, I paid for a set of strings and walked out of the bow shop with a BRAND NEW BOW!!!! I argued with the shop owner for quite a while, I was leaving a used bow behind and both he and I knew it. His stance was that unless his customers are 100% satisfied then he is going to fix it, what ever it is!!!! In this case, the customer service was so good that I felt like I was taking advantage of the bow shop.

Bud Robinson at Downwind Archery, I don't know what to say!!!
Old 05-06-2007, 01:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: un-be-LIEVABLE!!!!!!!

What bow do you own? A Hoyt I am guessing?
Old 05-06-2007, 03:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

not everyday someone is gonna do something like that for ya! better go there for all your future business lol
Old 05-06-2007, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

now that is great costumer service

[/align]
Old 05-06-2007, 08:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

That shop owner did the right thing even though he might have taken a loss but I doubt that , what is important to him was your loyalty and repeated bessness.
That kind of customer service is what keeps those mom & pop shops going , he knows your going to talking about the kind of service you get when you buy from him and in trun he'll get more customers from your word of mouth advertising.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

bow_hunter44,

I am betting you and I are from the same place or around it, Idaho Falls, Idaho correct? I too bought a bow from Bud when he first opened his place back in 1997. Now I work (part time) at the other shop in town(Archery Idaho), needless to say I don't get out to buds much anymore. I did stop by a few weeks ago to say hi and shoot the bull with him. I think he was shocked to see me because I work for/am the competiton lol. Glad to hear he treated you good.I am sending you a PM.
Old 05-06-2007, 09:36 AM

that is awesome customer service and thats what sets local shops apart from the big chain store.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

GREAT post!! All too often we as a community are pretty quick to give people (or companies) heck for what we perceive as less-than-perfect service; kudos to you for taking the time to tell about this exemplary experience!
Old 05-06-2007, 10:16 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

GREAT post!! All too often we as a community are pretty quick to give people (or companies) heck for what we perceive as less-than-perfect service; kudos to you for taking the time to tell about this exemplary experience!
Thanks Greg. Actually the story is even better. I had been at the pro shop several times while getting my bow tuned up. Bud (the pro/owner there) bent over backwards to help. The examples of his help are too many to list. But.... During the process of working on my bow I purchases a drop away rest there. I had quite a bit of trouble, not only with getting the bow tuned but that rest in particular. I decided to change it out and got a purchased a new off the internet (shame on me!). The reason I got the rest off the internet is that I was sure Bud would have taken it back from me and I already flet that he had done more than enough and didn't want to ask him to take the rest back. Anyway, when I was there yesterday, or course, he noticed the new rest. He asked what I had done with the old rest and I told him that I had sold it on e-bay. He said "what did you do that for? I would have baught it back from you"!! I know you would have Bud, I know you would have....
Old 05-06-2007, 10:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

I doubt an internet sell would have gone that well.

I have seen my shop owner do the same thing for someone who brought in a bow that had a bad limb(not Hoyt)right before hunting season.The bow was only a couple months old and this guy was a little disturbed that he was going to miss the opening day.The shop owner told him to pick out any bow on the shelf and take it home,it was his.The guy picked up a Hoyt and it cost him nothing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.