Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Enigma Generation 2 >

Enigma Generation 2

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Enigma Generation 2

Old 05-04-2007, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Enigma Generation 2

Its pretty cool looking, I think I like the new realtree AP better.
Old 05-05-2007, 05:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah looks like the bluish stripes are green now, background looks better. I'd call it an improvement. Too bad I'm not in the market for new camo!
Old 05-05-2007, 12:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

The differences come from the original color of the fabric that the pattern is being printed on. The original pattern was printed on a white fabric. Thusly the lighter shades on the lower end of the "twig". The bluish/green and the pinkish/brown are darker because it is now printed on a tan background. When printing on a color, all colors become darker. Each layer of the "twig" now becomes darker. The lighter shades haven't been replaced but because of the existing color of the fabric, they darken which works great. The black is an additional layer of the twig making it thicker as well as offering contrast or shading. The other thing is, at least on my computer screen, we can't tell anything from a picture. The actual differences are very obvious when seen in person.

The lighter background also helps in the "break up", I think. I feel Chuck did a great job. I also like the Enigma logo being printed into the pattern. I'll be placing my order for a new suite as well. I really anticipate the 3D when it's availiable. Thanks Chuck for making me spend more money, don't tell the wife.
Old 05-06-2007, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rhody Hunter

now I'm going to hear how generation 1 is crap and generation 2 is the best thing since sliced bread . Maybe i should wait for generation 3 that will be the ultimate right ?
Haha, nope I don't think you'll hear that from me either. I'll hunt in either one of them and not think twice about it
Old 05-06-2007, 06:17 PM

Now that's a good lookin' pattern. I like that. I didn't care for the reddish/blueish tones of the original.
Printing on a darker color makes a big difference.
I'll have to get some and try it out.
Old 05-06-2007, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hmmm... I'm torn. Generation 1 Or generation 2? Well, since I live in the stuff, I might as well retire the old from the field. I need a new set of PJs...there's the fix forthat problem!

Seriously, I'll be placing my call toChuck. This is the most amazing camo!

Chuck,watch for the call!
Old 05-07-2007, 11:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

What all was changed?

I see the old white highlights are now black and the background is a different shade...... Am Ioverlooking any other changes?
No, that's the main differnces.....The shadows are a little darker, the pinks and browns have been replaced by darker greens, background is lighter.....Together, it seems to me to have added a lot more contrast.
That is what I've noticed. Of the 3 major open pattern camos on the market I found my preference to be ASAT, Predator, and Enigma in that order. The reason being that I felt the first two added a lot more contrast than Enigma. The new pattern looks to have much more contrast than the original and added depth which is really nice. I think this pattern could be a hit for a long time to come.
Old 05-07-2007, 11:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

The new pattern looks to have much more contrast than the original and added depth which is really nice.
That is the one thing the end users where asking for, Chuck listened and made the change.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Glad to see it out... I talked to chuck at the PA sportsmans show and he told me it was in the works... Ive been waiting for it before I order anything...

Probably be gettin some stuff this summer...
Old 05-08-2007, 06:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

I like both pattern's and think they'll really be a big hit with hunter's everywhere .Since I haven't got any of the Enigma line ,I think the time is now to pick some up and put it to the test this fall. I sure can't wait for the new 3D siut to come available ,I've used severel in the ppast and in my opinion they really work .I wore my ASAT turkey hunting thisspring and had 2 deer approach me in a field as close as 20yrds ,they seen me from 100yrds but kept coming ,they had no clue to whatI was ,so I'm a believer in the 3D .

nubo