Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How much does a bow depreciate in value >

How much does a bow depreciate in value

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How much does a bow depreciate in value

Old 04-30-2007, 12:41 PM

Default How much does a bow depreciate in value

Ive been coming onto this site for sometime now, jsut made a membership i was wondering how much a bows value depreciates a year and i mean if the bow is kept it good shape and everything. OH yeah im new to the bow world.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:47 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: How much does a bow depreciate in value

Depends on the bow.

Can you be more specific?
Old 04-30-2007, 12:52 PM

2004 PSE firestorm 27-29 draw length 60-70 draw weight, single cam
Old 04-30-2007, 12:58 PM
Dominant Buck

I don't know what that bow sold for new......but I can tell you I bought an '05 Browning Ilusion (PSE/Browning/AR are ALL the same company) from my shop owner......his dealer bow for that year......for $450 (incl. the new WC strings he installed on it....and the new Zebras that came on it).

I then turned around and sold it for $300 to a friend who was looking for a bow for his father-in-law. I think that bow retailed for $675 or so, new.....and I'm pretty sure I gave a good deal when I sold it.

Some of these other guys are WAY more in the know than I, though.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'd say 20-50% from MSRP afterthe new year's models come out.

If you're looking at the prices of most used 2006 models, you'll see that the prices are in that range from the bow's original (2006) Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price.

Edit: I thought we were talking about an '06. Sorry. If we're just talking about used bows in general, each one retains value differently. Depends on how it stacks up against the current (2007 models), how well it has been taken care of, whether it's L or R-Handed, draw weight, etc... Usually lefty bows have a lower resale, as do models with weird draw weights (40,50 pounders).

The one-cam models seem to hold their value better, b/c there are '99 one-cammers out there that are just as good as a lot of the 07's. Not much difference other than the camo pattern and the label.
Old 04-30-2007, 01:14 PM

Well i just bought the 2004 model PSE firestorm in a good shape only shot 10-15 times in 2005 and none this year,the guy i bought it off had no time to use it so he sold it. It came with a cooper john sight 3 pins,cavalier rest,pse 2 piece quiver, neutraliser stabaliser, and 3 2216 Easton arrows with muzzy 100g, 3-blade broadheads. paid $250. The 07 firstorms are sellin for 400 after taxes blank. so do u guys/gals think thats about a right price.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:20 PM

If you watch the classifieds over on AT, you will notice that the Mathews and Hoyts seem to hold their value better than others.

Unfortunately, PSE and the other bowsthat are marketed through the big box stores, seem to hold value less than any of the other brands. This is probably because oftheir big box image.

This is not a critism of any of these bows since any well cared for bow will shoot asgood as the archer. It's just what I noticed. The good news is that these are some especially good bargains for used PSE, Parker &Martin bows.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

They are about like new cars.
Old 04-30-2007, 07:32 PM

I think it's somewhere around 25% when it goes out the door. Then it holds pretty steady until the new models come out, then it drops around15-20% a year thereafter.....

After 3 or 4 years, you won't get much trade value for it.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:20 PM

When you start talking about ten years old or so, they really drop in price. I had a chance to buy a Hoyt Raptor a couple of weeks back for $150. There were a couple of them on E-Bay for $50. This was a high end bow back in the late 90's - and this one still shoots pretty well. But you can't get limbs or cams for them anymore, I am told, and they are worth about the price of a dozen arrows.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.