Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shooting 3D with the G..,whoops wait I mean Matt >

Shooting 3D with the G..,whoops wait I mean Matt

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shooting 3D with the G..,whoops wait I mean Matt

Old 04-30-2007, 08:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Shooting 3D with the G..,whoops wait I mean Matt

Nope Greg, no Nair, he's wearing shorts next to me on the couch here,[&:] you can barely see the blond hairs but they are there.[8D][:'(] And he didn't like my albino comment on his eyebrows the other night when we were out and busting on each other...LOL
Old 04-30-2007, 08:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

... but has he got a bird yet? [8D]You've got to cure him of this curse before he heads this way again in November...
Old 04-30-2007, 08:44 PM

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Do you think he uses Nair, Phil? [8D]
Nope. He shaves them. At least he did at the ATA Show.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

Greg, his curse is in effect. I had them walking down my driveway, Jenny hears them when she comes through the door, I watched them go to roost when I heard Matt's truck come down my drive but....the birds are clamming up and walking away. I'm thinking there's something to the "curse".
Old 05-01-2007, 04:50 AM
Dominant Buck

I'm thinking there's ANOTHER "common denominator"
Old 05-02-2007, 06:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yeah I am officially a curse........no doubt about it.

Rob worked his butt off (not to mention the soles of our boots) trying to get me that first bird. Unfortunately the second I hit the woods they all suddenly died, and the ones that didn't up and die quickly left the county.

I was informed that the minute I left they returned.

I have offically added turkeys to the list of animals I hate, right there with spiders, skunks, wasps, rats, jellyfish and big midwestern deer.

We had a great time on the 3d course and were about worn out by target 30 because we'd shoot like 3-6 arrows at each target and trust me 100+ arrows with a 62# recurve gets a little tiring. (Ask Rob about the 27.5yd tiny Reinhart Cub bear. The target of the day.)
If you guys don't own a recurve, even if you don't get into it seriously like I am, its flat out theraputic to feel the pull of that string on your fingers and watch those arrows fly! (I think Rob enjoyed the few he shot)

I kept most of my "kill" shots around 20 yards or under for serious practice but tried every target from the long stakes for fun. Some of them somehow turned out great.[:-](Like using the force)
Others looked like there was a forcefield around the target. Like the 49yd Bison......miss high, low, high, low, low...........ah crap...........move up.

I was very happy with my realistic kill shot yardages but I'll leave that long distance stuff to the compound.

It was a great time and I'm sure I'llbe back up to scare any remaining birds away again before the end of the season. Maybe another bar crawl in there as well.

Old 05-03-2007, 01:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Big John

It's been a long time since you and I have tussled Big Boy but as soon as my back, knees, and shoulder get to feeling better I'll whoop ya like the yard dog you are.
Your going to look pretty funny, going to the emergency room to get my walker taken outta your backside.
You ain't no one to be afraid of, all the girls call you a big *****cat, go tend to your tomatoes before you get hurt old man.
Nice looking bow Matt.
Old 05-24-2007, 02:04 PM
Typical Buck

Thats it...your all back on the list!