Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 BOWTECH flaw with the Guardian and Commander >

BOWTECH flaw with the Guardian and Commander

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

BOWTECH flaw with the Guardian and Commander

Old 04-30-2007, 05:51 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: BOWTECH flaw with the Guardian and Commander

Yep, I went into len's shop in Baltimore. I too worried about the internet rumors of cam lean. I pulled back a Guardian, and thought sure I saw lean. But he put on a fixed gagdet where be machine drawnand put the lasers level on it, and cams were right on the money. They were inline with each other drawn or sitting in static position.

Its going to be my next bow.

Old 04-30-2007, 07:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's not wise to come onto a forum and spout off something so negative and "advise" others based on something some guy at your shop said. I have done a ton of research on the Guardian and Commander's design because I think it could change bow design forever. I have heard nothing to substantiate the statements made. The only negative I have heard about the Guardian was that there was some cam lean on the early production runs which have been corrected. This came from the company itself. The only other thing I have heard was some people don't like the draw which is subjective.

So let's see, one manufacturing issue which has been corrected, one subjective item that could be bad to one person and great to another, and literally thousands of satisfied customers. I think I'll go with the thousands on this one. It's a good design.
Old 04-30-2007, 10:13 AM

I was the other forum member in Len's shop on Sunday that checked out the Guardian. It's exactly what Len & bigcountry say. What appears to be a cam lean is just an optical illusion. Put the laser on it and everything is just as it should be.

I'm also the guy who normally skips over this type of bashing post. When somebody says he "heard that ..." it is a useless post and I don't have time to waste on it. However, I sometimes check on what Len has posted and that's how I read this one.

The Guardian and Commander are excellent bows. Now if they will just make the Commander in a draw length suitable for my aligator arms?
Old 04-30-2007, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: TWANG

Hey guys,

I know there are lots of BowTech fans out there,....I have heard some "alarming" testomony concerning the Guardian and Commander.

Bowtech technology of "loading the tip" of the limbs with this "pivot point technology"(Guardian/Commander) is causing failurewithin the piviotin the ends in the limb design.

This appears to be a terrible technology on BowTech's part and I would suggest that this be considered prior to purchasing this design of bow.

I can make this statement because I have no allegiances or own a shop. I'm nottrying to promote any particular brand of bow. I have learned this as a result of customer inquiry at a local shop.

I dont own a Bowtech and never have although I would LOVE tobuy one in the next year or so and plan to.

Thiscommentis nothing more than "he said, she said" dribble without any documented proof which Im sure you dont have.

Not trying to be an ^%^@ but I dont feel its right to make such an accusation publicly without any kind of documented proof to back upsuch a potentially damaging statement. Shame on you
Old 04-30-2007, 10:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Bowtech technology of "loading the tip" of the limbs with this "pivot point technology"(Guardian/Commander) is causing failurewithin the piviotin the ends in the limb design.
That little bit of info defintely brought a smile to my face as well. Like the others I have found just the opposite to be the case. I have put hundreds, if not over a thousand shots through my Commander without a single problem. I have also put a few hundred through my Guardian, again, without a single problem related to this thread's comments or otherwise. If anything I agree with the others. This design is definitely a step forward in terms of bow design. I cannot wait to see what they do with it next year.
Old 04-30-2007, 11:16 AM

LOL!!!!

The things that some people will try just to make others look bad.................

I have somewhere between 3 and 4 thousand shots through my Guardian without any failure............

Kev
Old 04-30-2007, 11:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love my Commander, even when the limb tips did crack off it still shot great! Now that's durable!!! Come on, spreading these kinds of rumors on this site is not going to win you any favor.
Old 04-30-2007, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL... This post is too funny
Old 04-30-2007, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Twang,if you're fishing for trouble i think you just caught your limit.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:52 PM
Fork Horn

Like I said guys,..I have no interest in Bowtech or supporting another bow. There are many excellent bows out there.

To go a bit further with my first post. The person that shared this information isthe owner of a quite large archery/gun shop with allot of experience. The first instance was with this owner shooting the very Bowtech bow that after ~1 dozens shots cracked in the region toward the end where all the energy is stored. The limb is at his shop to view. Bowtech immediately replaced the set of limbs

The other was a customer of this owner of the shop. The owner carries Bowtech of course.

I have never heard of nothing but great things concerning Bowtech bows and service prior to this. I also realize that its possible that a person could receive bad limbs,a flawed riser etc. This was probably the case here, if the HNetcommunity has not heard of this happening.

Ijust wanted to share the info. I'm no bow expert, and lots of folks on this board know lots more from a technicalbow design standpoint than I,..Including LEN, ROB, MATT etc. When one looks at the fact that the limb loading is being reduced to just that last few inches, it islogical to consider that it may cause problems. Having said that,...I can't imagine that Bowtech would not have put the design through incredible testing prior to bringingit to market.

Again, I didn't intend to bashBowtech owner. I just wanted to inform folks of a potential problem.

Quick Reply: BOWTECH flaw with the Guardian and Commander

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.