Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Torque Less Grips >

Torque Less Grips

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Torque Less Grips

Old 04-28-2007, 08:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Torque Less Grips

Len, that is a very good point. I don't think there is a cure-all magic bullet for torque. These products will help to eliminate torque, but it is still up to us the archers to make a conscious effort to have good form, including a proper grip. These product with good form will have people shooting tight groups.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:11 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Len in Maryland

[/align][/color][/color]
[/align]With the 'neutral' grip form that I teach to my customers, I personallydon't seemuch of a need for such aftermarket grips. Elimination of lefts and rights is not a big issue here and correcting something that is not reallyan issue is not worth the trouble or money.
[/align]
[/align]
Len, can you give us that are many hours away some of the 'neutral' grip form teaching you do????
Old 04-30-2007, 02:13 PM

I currently have the torqueless grip on my Icon but I'm thinking about going back to the schrewd grip.

The differences between the two is that the torqueless is wood, much prettier, and has a radius to the edge. The Schrewd is metal with a flat edge.

I tried the torqueless for one league season and don't think that it gives me the easy repeatability of the schrewd grip. I plan to go back to the schrewd metal grip.

This is obviously a personal preference thing. I doubt that I will have any trouble finding a home for the torqueless grip.
Old 04-30-2007, 02:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

With the 'neutral' grip form that I teach to my customers, I personallydon't seemuch of a need for such aftermarket grips. Elimination of lefts and rights is not a big issue here and correcting something that is not reallyan issue is not worth the trouble or money.
Len I could not agree more.

I shoot Ross, Mathews, Bowtech and hoyt. All the same, they all have differnet grips
Old 04-30-2007, 04:24 PM

i'd like to try a vanhandle grip, but just for novelty. it seems to me that products like this dont make you a better archer, just compensate for your bad form and give you a false sense of security.
Old 04-30-2007, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

i don't think it will change your shooting but they sure are pretty . i would conceder one on looks alone

[/align]
Old 04-30-2007, 07:03 PM
Fork Horn

I'm not sure how much better they shoot but I guy I work with makes them as a hobby for people he knows.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well, I got my torqueless grip in the mail yesterday. Now I just need to getthe bow to put it on.[:@] Anyway, it is very fine craftsmanship and is very well made. It is very comfortable and I can't wait to feel the fit on my bow. They have a note in the package stating that it is made to fit tight to have high tolerances and they send a sanding block in the event that it is too tight for the riser. I will try to get some pics tonight and get them posted.