Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Interesting New Arrow Technology >

Interesting New Arrow Technology

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Interesting New Arrow Technology

Old 04-26-2007, 08:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Interesting New Arrow Technology

Check out this arrow technology, called the FOB. It basically replaces the modern veins and feathers. Seems to look pretty cool, but it's the first I've seen of it. Just see what you guys thought?

http://www.bowhunting.net/artman/publish/Jason_Balazs_75/Field_Evaluation_-_FOB.shtml
Old 04-26-2007, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Interesting New Arrow Technology

I didnt feel like reading through the whole thing but what about pass thru shots?? Do they fall off when they hit an animal!
Old 04-26-2007, 08:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: WesternMdHardwoods

I didnt feel like reading through the whole thing but what about pass thru shots?? Do they fall off when they hit an animal!

Yes,they just pop off.

This is not new and they have been around for a few years now but they are not taking off very well.
Old 04-26-2007, 08:53 PM

One of my buddies tried them - to avoid having to learn how to fletch arrows. Don't go through fixed rests very well. Come off fairly easily.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

i'd have to buy a bigger WB
Old 04-27-2007, 04:21 PM

I've been shooting these FOB's now fora fewmonths. I shoot them every day in my field in all wind and weather conditions. I shoot both field pointsand broadheads from a Switchback at 70# with Carbon Express Terminator Hunter arrows (12 gpi)anda Trophy Ridge Drop Zone rest. I am impressed with the technology and love the way that they perform. I use the 4 blade 100 grain Magnus Stinger broadhead with great results. The FOB stabilizes these big heads just fine, in fact, much better than the 4" vanes and feathers that I've tried over the years. The smaller cross-sectional area of the FOB compared to the vanes or feathers provides a much needed relief from cross-wind drift in our open country and constant wind. In fact, I shot the FOB's at 100 yards as a test versus vanes in a steady 7 mph cross wind; the FOB had 10" wind drift averageand the vanes were 24-26". I'd never attempt a shot at an animal at that range, but it gives me more confidence when bearing down on anopen-country muledeerat 50 yards in a stiff breeze. I made some glow stick nocks for my hunting videosthat lowered the Front of Center on my arrow from 11% to 9%, and the FOB's still stabilize just fine. I fully expect to have one of these FOB's laying in the woods marking a pass-through on a big bull this fall--watch for them to be on ASAT Camo'svideos and TV seriesthis year!
Old 04-27-2007, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Those are interesting. I have never seen them/tried them...
Old 04-27-2007, 07:37 PM

Looks like an uglier version of the Turbo Nocks. I'll pass on both, nothing wrong with what I use. And I don't see those shooting out of prong rest. I don't think the WB would like them too well either.

Paul
Old 04-27-2007, 08:27 PM
Typical Buck

I saw a review on them over on Downsouthhunting a month or so ago .
Old 04-27-2007, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Interesting, so I might be willing to give them a try. It would be hard to think that you would get great clearence with any rest just from looking at the pics. I like the idea of being able to position the FOB "vanes" to produce better flight. I always struggle with getting my blades aligned perfectly on all but 40% of the arrows I prepare.

Kel

Quick Reply: Interesting New Arrow Technology

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.