HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   stopping arrows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/189644-stopping-arrows.html)

AngelofDeth92 04-26-2007 06:34 AM

stopping arrows

ok i just put a new whisker biscuit on my bow and i was shootin at the target tryin to sight it in(missing a lot) and it went back behind and hit my neiighbors car. is there any way, without moving my target, i can stop the arrows. (and i know if i hit the target that would stop it so...)oh and the deer target i use has a huge hole where the vitals go so idk

YooperMike 04-26-2007 06:50 AM

RE: stopping arrows

Wow, sounds like an interesting set-up you have there. As far as a backstop, I would recommend a large pile of hay bales to surround your target. There is this stuff you can buy to fill up the hole in your target as well. Sounds like you may need to find a new shooting spot though if you are going into someone elses yard. You are lucky there was no one over there.

MichaelHunsucker 04-26-2007 07:09 AM

Yeah, i would definately reccomend finding a safe place to shoot. What if your neighbor had been walking out to their car or something, that is crazy. Start at 10 yards, its almost impossible to miss a desecent sized target there, aand work your way back.

I was kind of hoping this post was a joke...

AngelofDeth92 04-26-2007 08:10 AM

yeah he was outside a few times i hit his propane tank and car like twice. but he was a hunter and he was cool with it cause there was no damage. i think im hitting it but its just passing through. what could i but yo fill it cause i dont know the brand....can i get like caulk?

early in 04-26-2007 08:33 AM

ORIGINAL: AngelofDeth92

yeah he was outside a few times i hit his propane tank and car like twice.
That's some funny stuff! :D:D:DYou really should be more careful where you put your target though.;)

GMMAT 04-26-2007 08:37 AM

My bow shop owner rotates his spot target "blocks" about every six months. They're AT LEAST a 4x4....and they're not in bad shape. He sells the used ones for $65.

If I didn't have a SAFE place to shoot at my house....I'd shoot elsewhere.

Your area is NOT safe (as described)....even if you HAD that large a backstop. "I" think you need to address where you're shooting.

quiksilver 04-26-2007 08:38 AM

Sounds like your neighbor's cat is already doing a fine job of stopping your arrows? Not sure what the problem is?

LMAO

Maybe get yourself a few big chunks of miner's belt, and built a large wooden frame, hanging the belt inside the housing. Miner's belt will stop your arrows without a problem. Getting them out... that's another story.

hallj86 04-26-2007 09:25 AM

Sounds like your neighbor's cat is already doing a fine job of stopping your arrows? Not sure what the problem is?

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

What a cat you hit a cat and no one got mad lol. I dont like cats but I wont shoot someones pet, that is too funny if you did.

In hunters class they say that you have to be aware of the target and whats behind or did you skip that class?

BKE 04-26-2007 09:31 AM

I saw this earlier and didn't want to reply until some else did. I thought you'd take much more of a beating than you are getting. Hey, usehay bales/ banded up bale of cardboard or even a 4X8 sheet of 3/4 plywood but please get something and soon.

rankbull 04-26-2007 09:36 AM

tell your neighbors to move his car;)