Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 who still shoots aluminium arrows???? soundoff >

who still shoots aluminium arrows???? soundoff

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

who still shoots aluminium arrows???? soundoff

Old 04-20-2007, 06:50 PM

Default RE: who still shoots aluminium arrows???? soundoff

I shoot xx75 easton 2314 and have no intensions of changing I've been shooting since 1983 started with 2018's then 2117 and now of course the 2314 I buy alot of them incase they stop making them not ready to change what I believe to be a good thing
just my 2 cents
Old 04-20-2007, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah just ask me as I type this with one hand. I am switching to aluminum. Know I aluminum can break and such...just donot want to take the chance just yet. I am also not saying that I might go back to carbons someday...just not for awhile. I will be shooting XX75 2315.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm still staying with my XX78 2315 125gr. Thunderheads!
Old 04-21-2007, 06:17 AM
Boone & Crockett

I shoot carbons and have for the last 5 years or so. With my Allegence I want to find a XX78 shaft that will shoot from the same set up as my Carbon Express's do and shoot both, just havn't got around to it yet.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:05 PM

goose what kind of shafts were they (the ones that are in that nasty photo ) i hope all healed well
Old 04-21-2007, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: wistickslinger

goose what kind of shafts were they (the ones that are in that nasty photo ) i hope all healed well
Beman ICS Camo Hunter 400. Still healing and therapy is going OK painful, buy OK.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:22 PM

XX78 2213 tipped with Slick Tricks...when it gets to where I can't kill deer with this combo I might switch...but then again I will probably take a closer look at my form
Old 04-21-2007, 07:20 PM

Carbons here. Some days on the range it just seemed like if I looked wrong at an aluminum arrow, it would bend.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:46 PM
Typical Buck

Last 3 yr have been shooting carbon. I like the way they shoot but I think they aretoo light. I have not been getting the penetration I like (through and laying on the ground). Although all my shots I have seen drop so that’s not too bad. I just don’t like the arrow inside or sticking out the exit side. Before that I shot aluminum XX78 2315 never had one not blow through. So this season I’ll be going back to aluminum or putting weight tubes in my carbons.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:59 AM

Aloha All ,
I shoot XX75 2216 and have no problems with them . Infact I just shot a goat quartering to me slightly and hit the shoulder and exited the stomach. Goat slowly moved down the trail and I wathced it stop and take a break . I checked my arrow and it was still spinning true . The goat stood up so I nocked the arrow again and let it rip. Put the arrow in the same hole in its shoulder but hit both lungs and dropped him . My friend tripped out on one entry hole and two exit holes Accuracy and durability, not to mention a great price.

Quick Reply: who still shoots aluminium arrows???? soundoff

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.