Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How many times per year? >

How many times per year?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many times per year?

Old 04-19-2007, 02:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default How many times per year?

After reading the rangefinder thread and responses I decided to ask something. How many times did you hunt a particular stand? Just your "favorite" one. Myself, I hunt a small 3 acre piece of land so I hunted the same tree all year. Except for when I got my climber and then I tried a new spot. What about you guys?
Old 04-19-2007, 02:55 PM

Default RE: How many times per year?

On a friends 20 acre farm I only Hunt 1 stand.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Cougars09

After reading the rangefinder thread and responses I decided to ask something. How many times did you hunt a particular stand? Just your "favorite" one. Myself, I hunt a small 3 acre piece of land so I hunted the same tree all year. Except for when I got my climber and then I tried a new spot. What about you guys?
One stand at my place I hunted I think 3x times. At APAJaws place I hunted one particular stand 6 times. Both of us have about 15 stands or so on each of our hunting properties. I had about 50 or so seperate hunts this year.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:13 PM
Fork Horn

for bowhunting i hunted the same stand most of the time and went out in the blind for about 5 or so hunts.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:42 PM
Dominant Buck

I didn't hunt that much this past fall with the new house being built and all. But I hunted enough to get some meat. I didn't hunt the same treeat allthis past year. On a normal year the most a particular stand will be hunted 2 or 3 times max.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:01 PM
Fork Horn

I like to jump around between 5 to 6 different stands. Less scent in one area,a change of scenery, and anticipation to hunt somewhere you havn't hunted in a week or two. Although I do have my favorite and when its hot I'll hang out there for a while.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:23 PM

I have anywhere from 5 -9 stands out per year on 2 different properties.
My favorite stand I will hunt 10 times per year. Usually during the first week of the season and then during the late pre rut.
The rest are on rotation and get hunted w/ the right wind.
Old 04-19-2007, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I typically set between 8 to 12 stands,of course some are hotter than others.There are some stands that I may hunt 4 or 5 times.I am a scent control freak like many of you and I will never hunt out of the same stand more than two sits in a row.I like to give stands at least a weeks rest between hunts.In some of the stands that are closer to human populations I am a bit less concerned because deer are a bit more accustomed to human odor.I still don't deviate from the previously mentioned strategy.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunt a stand as long as it is producing quality bucks ordoes during the rut, if not I go somewhere else.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have several favorite stands I hunt. Im lucky enough to hunt 775 private acres and I believe I have something like 15+ stands hung. I try and rotate as much as possible to keep the deer guessing. If the rut is just getting started and the bucks are crusing a certain area where I havea stand, Ill hunt it a couple of days in a row or until the action slows.

Quick Reply: How many times per year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.