Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Huntingnet Mythbusters - improving the carbon arrow >

Huntingnet Mythbusters - improving the carbon arrow

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Huntingnet Mythbusters - improving the carbon arrow

Old 04-18-2007, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Huntingnet Mythbusters - improving the carbon arrow

Okay, okay. I admit it. In reality, I got the 7595 in Hardwoods HD not just for the camo, but because the spine on them was .300, which was what I was after. They still look great, though.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

quicksilver,
Thanks for being"that guy" who has toresort to smartass comments when someone is not convinced that their idea is going to revolutionize the arrow industry.I just thought that there would be a significant difference in cost to use those low friction type coating materials compared to the materials used to make camo patterns and glossy finishes. If I am wrong, then fine. Best of luck.

If you want an interesting look at marketing, go to the VALS website. You can take a quick survey to find out the type of consumer you are. I think you would be interested to see whocompanies market "pretty" products like camo arrows to.
Old 04-18-2007, 12:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't think I need a marketing survey to tell me that I wasted the extra$10 for a slower arrow just because it matched the camo on my riser. I'm not the first guy to do it, and I won't be the last.

Same thing with an anti-friction coating. It probably wouldn't make a lick of difference, and surely wouldn't be the difference between me filling my tags, or getting skunked. But, if it was five or ten bucks extra, I'd buy it just so I could know that I had something new and high-tech. I'm a sucker. I know it.

Just to further explain how dumb I am - I'm going to take off a fiber optic fixed-pin sight this summer, and replace it with another fiber optic fixed-pin sight just because it looks cool. LOL
Old 04-18-2007, 01:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

????????
Wow, I'm thorougly confused now. Exactly where did this thread go south? I've gone back and re-read the entire thing, and I don't see any smarta$$ comments from anyone. I see some good natured jokes and self-jabs, but no slams or ill-intentioned sarcasm.
Personally, I thought it was fun.
Old 04-18-2007, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't be surprised to see lower friction coatings on arrows within the next 2 years. It is a good logical next step.
It doesn't revolutionize anything and could arguably be considered absurd - but I like the idea and would buy them.
Old 04-21-2007, 10:38 PM

I don't think making the arrow "slippery" would help much, I do think a smaller diameter would decrease wind resistance (if much occurs) and help penatration through the animal.
Old 04-22-2007, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

My only thoughts on this other than that it would probably help, is that the current slight wind resistance will help stabilize the arrow.

Bow tuning is a pretty exact science now, imagine how much tougher it would be if the arrows were slipperier.

Also, I doubt there is much resistance from the arrow anyway, you get a ton at the broadhead and fletchings, and the amount from the shaft proably pales in comparison,

Sounds like we need to get a hunting.net wind tunnel!!!!
Old 04-22-2007, 07:16 PM
Fork Horn

Instead of a coating I am seing a new material all together. I could only dream of having a quiver full of titanium arrows. At a cost of $100 per arrow I would hope not to lose any. Sombody will come up with something. Better sooner than later.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:35 AM

if it worked it would be benifishal