Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 just a bit of humor >

just a bit of humor

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

just a bit of humor

Old 04-16-2007, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default just a bit of humor

My kids were watching the movie Bambi and my 4 year old daughter came up and said mom when I'm old enough to hunt I'm going to shoot Bambi's mom. Then my 7 year (then 6) said OH YEAH well I'm going to shoot Bambi's dad. Thought you might get a kick out of it. I personally was nervous to let my kids watch Bambi because I thought it makes hunters look bad but I get the feeling now that my kids were born to hunt.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: just a bit of humor

My son was barely two and he would pump his fist when he found out Bambi's mom got shot...
Old 04-16-2007, 08:52 PM
Typical Buck

Although I love the movie and love to watch it with my kids, I tell them all the time that the time frames in this movie are not accurate. A spotted fawn into gun season and through the winter? Hunters are portrayed as evil in this movie but, I again, explain, those in Bambi are not hunters but, mindless wildlife killers.......

Open Season, totally anti hunter and hilarious. You see how the villian in that one plays guitar on his rifle like he is Ted Nugent? LMAO
Old 04-16-2007, 09:39 PM

This is a story my dad told me when I was 12 the night before my first deer hunt:

When I was 3 and a half, my dad went hunting up in northern Wisconsin with some of his buddies and got a big bodied 4-pt buck. He came home, picked me up and took me to go play with one of his buddy's son who was my same age.

About 4 hours later when dad and I got home, my dad was rushing me upstairs to get ready for bed ignoring my mom's questions for me as to what Jake and I did while the dads took care of the deer. Finally my mom demanded to know what was going on. I looked her square in the eyes with a huge smile on my face and said "Dad let Jake and I play with the head!"

As expected, my mother was mortified and scared that I was scarred for life by this traumatic incident. A few weeks later, a local cinema was playing Bambi on the big screen as they apparently did every year right around hunting season as their apparent protest to hunting. Mom decided we should go. Everything was going great until Bambi's mom died at which point I apparently cheered and my mom and I were booed out of the theater.

That was when my dad knew I was destined to be a hunter.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:51 AM

thats awsome i can't wait till my kid starts to talk
Old 04-17-2007, 01:05 PM
BKE
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: djschuett

This is a story my dad told me when I was 12 the night before my first deer hunt:

When I was 3 and a half, my dad went hunting up in northern Wisconsin with some of his buddies and got a big bodied 4-pt buck. He came home, picked me up and took me to go play with one of his buddy's son who was my same age.
About 4 hours later when dad and I got home, my dad was rushing me upstairs to get ready for bed ignoring my mom's questions for me as to what Jake and I did while the dads took care of the deer. Finally my mom demanded to know what was going on. I looked her square in the eyes with a huge smile on my face and said "Dad let Jake and I play with the head!"
As expected, my mother was mortified and scared that I was scarred for life by this traumatic incident. A few weeks later, a local cinema was playing Bambi on the big screen as they apparently did every year right around hunting season as their apparent protest to hunting. Mom decided we should go. Everything was going great until Bambi's mom died at which point I apparently cheered and my mom and I were booed out of the theater.
Reg:bold text,As Gallopavo Assassin puts it....LMAO
Old 04-17-2007, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

oh this stuff is HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm literally laughing out loud right now.
Old 04-17-2007, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's okay I'm laughing out loud too. My kid's have always played in the garage when their dad and papa clean the deer. My first two would sit and watch and chatter about how cool the inside of a deer looked. One of the last deer they strung up was so long that the head was hanging on the floor and he thought it would be fun to explore. He stuck his fingers in it's nose was touching it's eyes and playing with it's tounge. He was a mess. When I came in the garage my husband was a bit nervous of what I would say and I couldn't say anything I just laughed and stored it into memories never forgotten.
Old 04-17-2007, 07:32 PM

ORIGINAL: djschuett

THAT'S GREAT! I laughed out loud when I read that last sentence. Bet your dad has never been more proud of you! Rock on