Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 DIY Targets Anyone ? >

DIY Targets Anyone ?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

DIY Targets Anyone ?

Old 04-15-2007, 12:25 PM

Default DIY Targets Anyone ?

I recently purchased my bow finally and Iam very excited to start bow hunting. I was looking at targets this weekend and there is a wide variety available, some for aluminum and some for carbon arrows. By looking at them I don't see any complexity to them at all. Just wondering if anyone has made there own targets for field points out of foam or any other materials.

TIA
Old 04-15-2007, 12:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: DIY Targets Anyone ?

Where I work, we have this plastic film( stretch wrap) that we use to wrap around pallets of stuff to keep it clean and together so it doesn't fall apart. Just think of it as super heavy duty Saran wrap.

Anyway, I roll up big balls of it and stuff it into a feed sack. I stuff it clear full. I paint a few dots on it and hang it up.

It will stop an arrow and yet allow two finger removal.

I have also heard of guys stuffing feed sacks with rags and old clothing. Make sure snaps, zippers, buttonsand rivets are removed.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:59 PM

What windwalker described is far and away the best target I've used, factory made or not. You can also use one or two layers of old carpet. You don't them though with the above mentioned target...it really does stop'em.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:03 PM
Typical Buck

I did the same thing with old household blankets.Works great
Old 04-15-2007, 03:35 PM

how well do they work with broadheads? I have a nice outdoor range near me at a local public park but their backstops are only good for target points.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:25 PM
Typical Buck

I have taken a cardboard box and folded up many other cardboard stuff into layers into realy packed full tight and it works realy well don't get it wet though works good for a long time. I have also heard of people useing buffalo board in layers also.
Old 04-15-2007, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

i made one with the bag and old carpeting and it works great best pat it was free to make

[/align]
Old 04-15-2007, 07:35 PM
Typical Buck

I used to build my own targets out of diffrent stuff but have since found the Morrell Yellow Jacket field point target. A dang good target for 35 bucks!
Old 04-16-2007, 03:47 AM

for how cheap some targets are i don't waste my time
Old 04-16-2007, 07:34 AM

I have big moving box stuffed with old clothes, other cardboard boxes, and plastic bags. I have been shooting this one for about a month now and it is working just fine. plus it was free.

Quick Reply: DIY Targets Anyone ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.