Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What do you wear ? >

What do you wear ?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What do you wear ?

Old 04-17-2007, 01:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What do you wear ?

ORIGINAL: LouisianaTomkat

Just curious what you guys wear on cold mornings until you get to your parking spot and change. Do you strip to the skivvies at your truck and change or only partially. Just would like to hear some opinions on this. I personally have to drive about 14 miles then another 1/2mi on atv to get to my stand area. I am trying to figure out how to get by with as little foreign scent from truck and ATV odors as possible before reaching my stand area. Thanks in advance for the replies.

LT
I wear sweats and slippersin the vehicle or on the quad, for a quick change out of them once I reachthe woods where I park to walk in....I keep all my hunting clothing in an air tight tub.

dress back down when I get back and put everything away for theride home, slip the sweats and slippers back on usually under the light of a head lamp.

it can be cold sometimes..especially when spraying down betweenchanges..
Old 04-17-2007, 05:42 PM

Default RE: What do you wear ?

ORIGINAL: BigJ12

ORIGINAL: MidwestJ

ORIGINAL: BigJ12

I grab my hunting clothes that are hung up in my basement, I put them on, if it's cold I leave the outer layers off till I get to my hunting spot. I then put the outer layers on, spray myself with some scent eliminator and go hunt.

Sometimes people make this way more difficult than it has to be. My results speak for themselves, I have killed many many deer from does to P&Y bucks, as well as all other types of game animals. I have killed them with my firearms and bow and have been doing it for many years now. All this talk about scent lock this and driving to my hunting spot in your skivies that, is all very amusing to me. Some go as far as to store their clothes in plastic sealed tubs or put leaves and dirt in with them or them little wafer deals that are earth scented....it's a hoot!

Me, I like to keep things simple, I hang my hunting coats and bibs on a bar under my basement stairs in the unfinished utility room. The rest of the clothes go in a plastic cabinet I purchased from Home Depot.

Works for me....I don't see the problem....I really don't

Here are some pics in case you don't believe me.
anything you can do to help is a positive in my book. I don't think that the steps listed above are for naught.
MidwestJ,

I agree that the steps some have listed are positive........ I just don't believe it helps as much asthey think it does. For all the trouble some go through with their clothes, I feel it would be time better spent watching the wind, their entry and exit routes to and from their stands or hunting spotsas well as stand placement, but that's just me.

Iwash my hunting stuffwith scent free detergent and dry them in the dryer. Then Istore them upas pictured.I will spray myself down with some type of scent blocker (whatever is on sale) before I head into the woods but that's it.

To each their own I guess. Still, I can't help but get a chuckle when I read what some are doing just to get dressed to go hunt.

then it appears I misunderstood you in your first post. It sounds as if I do many of the things you do to try to be scent free. [&:]