Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Scent-Lok Science Site >

Scent-Lok Science Site

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scent-Lok Science Site

Old 04-13-2007, 01:36 PM

Default Scent-Lok Science Site

Throughout the past year, several internet discussions have raised questions concerning the science and capabilities of Scent-Lok activated carbon technology. To help answer the questions raised by some participants and hunters, we have enlisted the help of several highly qualified experts in the field of textile research, human odor research and the sciences related to activated carbon. These experts represent some of the most qualified and respected universities and research facilities in the world.

We asked these experts to evaluate our test methods, results, and to answer the challenges to our product claims based on scientific facts and principles. We captured the results and testimony of our independent research team and have prepared a video program, “Inside: The Facts Behind Scent-Lok Technology”, for review by interested customers and hunters.

In addition to the support of these experts, we continue to offer our Scent-Lok field effective guarantee. Our guarantee reinforces our commitment to our products and our customers. We warrant not only garment construction but also field results for a period of three years.

We invite you to watch our presentation at www.ScentLokScience.com. In addition you can receive a copy of “Inside: The Facts Behind Scent-Lok Technology.” To order your copy, contact Scent-Lok at 800-315-5799 or e-mail us at [email protected]"
Old 04-13-2007, 01:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Scent-Lok Science Site

Man I have pile of work to do
Old 04-13-2007, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Make sure you have a good internet connection and the latest version of Flash installed on your computers berfore trying to watch this video. It's a big one.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:11 PM

Email sent....It's about time, because there's been a mounting aggression against it.....I used it for one season, and sold it. I simply didn't see any difference at all, and I followed the instructions to the LETTER....and I still hunted the wind....I'll be interested in reading that, I can't view the video......Have I mentioned how much I HATE dial up?? [:@][:@]
Old 04-13-2007, 04:14 PM

I will check it out............because I gave you my word a long time ago that I would.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:19 PM
Dominant Buck

Just on the surface I see nothing different here. Scent Lok "HIRED"... "HIRED"(you know they paid them) to come up with a video showing their stuff works. They haven't changed the product... just the PR team. LOL I got too much to do also.LOL[8D]
Old 04-13-2007, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Once you get past the "intro" part it gets into the Science and answering a lot of the questions that have been brought up on this very forum. IMO if you've questioned their products, had any doubts, or taken part in any of the umpteen million threads across any of the hunting boards on the subject, it's worth a watch.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just sent you an e-mail requesting a copy. Thanks in advance!
Old 04-13-2007, 05:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

well...i know for a fact that all the "scent lok or blocker haters" will still say they "paid them" but there science looks very valid to me.....

my only question would be why EMA's? My understanding is that most human body odors are much larger molecules then the ones comeing from the methyl-ethyl-amines so that may cause there results to change some, but

there results and tests look very good and want to thank Scent Lok for putting this on the web for us hunters to view...

the first Phd (the older man- if forgot his name) is 100% in the fact that the interactions are vanderwals forces, or brownian movement type that holds it to the carbon---thus it can be broken (in the drier) easy....

just my opinion on this
Old 04-13-2007, 06:00 PM

Thanks for everybody taking the time to watch the presentation. Atlasman...I did notice the van der Waal misspelling and we will get that fixed.

If there are questions and comments, feel free to let us know. [email protected] and our 800-315-5799 number will get the responses you may be looking for.

Again, thanks for challenging us to bring you the facts, and look to hear your comments.

~Nick

Quick Reply: Scent-Lok Science Site

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.