Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Scent-Lok Science Site >

Scent-Lok Science Site

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Scent-Lok Science Site

Old 04-15-2007, 03:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Scent-Lok Science Site

I will never understandhow people who have never used carbon suits can claim they don't work.One of the reasons I come to this site is to get advise from hunters that have used products that I may be interested in based on their PERSONAL experience. For someone who has never used themto come on here and sayCarbon suits don't work is like someone who has never useddeer scents claimingthey don't work.I don't know the science behind Carbon Suits, but I do know from personal experience THEY WORK!
Old 04-15-2007, 06:20 PM
Typical Buck

Great marketing video! ANY study/survey conducted by a 3rd pary that is hired by the manufactuer/sample will be bias.
There are independent 3rd party organizations that conduct research, but I do not think that they would focus on a study of activated carbon for hunting purposes. No organizations are motivated to disprove this theory for lack of any gain, however the entire industry (hunting) would like to PROVE it because everyone from celebrity hunters, to cabelas, to local pro shops are making money off this stuff.
It is what it is, and people killed deer before this stuff was around. Also some of the people in the videos just sound like idiots...."I shot this buck at 17 yards and he never knew I was there! Thank you ScentLok..."
Old 04-15-2007, 06:31 PM
Bartender

You can have all that stuff on and your breath will still get you.
Were humans we stink plain and simple. Some more then others.
Play the wind, wind , wind.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:41 PM

ORIGINAL: archer58

(ref:Wikipedia)

This is precisely why having this conversation is near impossible.

Like I said earlier I don't want to hijack this thread or take away from Nick's efforts to bring the info here so I am not gonna get into massive debates in this thread.......just not the place for it IMO. Hope you understand archer58.

I will continue to post comments or questions for Nick as I read more of the site.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:46 PM

ORIGINAL: Avalanche

I will never understandhow people who have never used carbon suits can claim they don't work.One of the reasons I come to this site is to get advise from hunters that have used products that I may be interested in based on their PERSONAL experience. For someone who has never used themto come on here and sayCarbon suits don't work is like someone who has never useddeer scents claimingthey don't work.I don't know the science behind Carbon Suits, but I do know from personal experience THEY WORK!
Many of us do have extensive experience with carbon, science, and chemistry........which is what the effectiveness of the suit depends on.So, you are getting advice from people who have PERSONAL experience with the product in question.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

You can have all that stuff on and your breath will still get you.
That's why they sell the odor-removing gum! [8D]
Old 04-15-2007, 08:07 PM
Dominant Buck

That's why they sell the odor-removing gum!
And if they can next year convince you that deer have started growling(oh wait, they did that one)..................... well to finish the story, they'll make a Growler Call so you can hunt like the big boys. LOL You want some gum... eat an apple.

P.S. Carbon and water don't really go well together. I'd like to see the amount of loss of carbon from one suit with one washing. I'm going to tell you, it's a lot of carbon gone down the drain. They used to tell us, NO NEED TO WASH IT. Carbon/Darco or whatever cheap brand they use doesn't go with water. The reasons you can't wash fatty acids out is they are trapped in the chambers of the carbon. Those near the surface may come out. When the garment is dried those that remain are left behind because they don't vaporize. The suit degrades quickly with use in warm or sweaty conditions.....especially with washing.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:27 PM

Hey Scent-Lok G.Designer, do you have a purpose on this site other than convincing us all to buy your product with paid third party studies...

Old 04-15-2007, 08:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Scent-Lok G.Designer, do you have a purpose on this site other than convincing us all to buy your product with paid third party studies...
Scentlok is a major sponsor of HNI:
As a representative of a company helping to pay the bills so that everyone has a free site to discuss our passions I think Scentlok and Scentlok G. Designeris free to promote and attempt to educate the members on the benefits of theirproducts all that they want.

Open discussion and debate of products and their effectiveness is certainly welcome.....it's how we learn butthe people who enjoy this free site might be better servedif they understand what drives it before they speak.

I for one welcome manufacturer and sponsor participation on the forums, it helps everyone involved .........the members can hear what the manufacturers have to offer and ultimately decide what works for them, and the manufacturers can get valuable feedback in what we as the hunting consumers look for in a product.

Old 04-15-2007, 09:02 PM

This is a hunting discussion site Matt, not a "let the sponsor convince you to buy their stuff" site.
True, they sponsor this site, and thus indirectly allow you to have your moderator post, but, if this is going to be the situation and sponsors are going to post away with "studies" and "claims" then there should be a seperate forum for that.
You know, as well as I, that the only reason that this has popped up here was because there are a lot of nay sayers concerning the effectivness of Scent Lok in this forum. Maybe wind got back to Scent Lok that this was occuring, and they "had" to do something about it...
Either way, I think if you are going to set a standard and let this happen, it should happen someplace other than the Bowhunting forum, after all, what does this have to do with Bowhunting, I would say general hunting would be more appropriate location...

Quick Reply: Scent-Lok Science Site

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.