HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   HELP: 15 page paper, college english (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/188144-help-15-page-paper-college-english.html)

MN/Kyle 04-12-2007 09:12 PM

HELP: 15 page paper, college english

Hey Guys!:D
I'm fairly new here, so for you those who don't know me, I'm Kyle. I'm 18, and a senior at a small school in East Central, Minnesota. The reason for this post is to ask for your help. I'm currently taking a college English class (after all, i DO want to be an outdoor writer) and we have just been assigned a 15[:'(] page paper on the topic of our choice. It is an argument/persuasion paper. If any of you have topic suggestions involving hunting, or outdoors in anyway let me know. Thanks in advance for your help. -Kyle

Current topic ideas
1. PETA (or antis) VS. Hunters
2. Crossbow Hunting VS. Vertical Bowhunting (I KNOW TOUCHY!)

and thats about it so far, sorry so lengthy...thanks again guys!

mauser06 04-12-2007 09:16 PM

RE: HELP: 15 page paper, college english

stick with the first choice...

PRO hunting, PRO sunday hunting(did my SR debate on that...lots of info..dont know about 15 pages...we had 50 or 100 note cards full of info though) something along those lines...dont get into specifics..youll never hit 15 pages...pro hunting and the benefits of hunting etc etc i could ramble off 15pgs right now on. id say that would be my topic. good luck....

MN/Kyle 04-12-2007 09:23 PM

Thanks Mauser!

Nefarious12 04-12-2007 09:34 PM

I am in college and just turned in a paper today with the same guidelines.. mine was whether college Athletes should get paid or not on top of there scholarships...if I was to do onewithin the hunting industry.. possibly the agruments with guns, or the anti's...

triggertrav 04-12-2007 10:40 PM

id say go with the pro/cons for hunting. there wouldn't be a problem getting plenty of resources to back both arguements and it's something that interests you.

good luck

TROPHYHUNTER25 04-13-2007 03:55 AM

i'd do the pros and cons. point out how much meat hunters donate each year for the hungry

davepjr71 04-13-2007 04:45 AM

I'd gauge the professor's thoughts on this first. I know the is America and we do have the right to say what we want. However, I wrote a paper in a college law class about gun control and howmost crimes are commited with illegal firearmsand the guy hammered me.Nowhere did I say that I was pro gun and you wouldn't get the idea if you read it. I made sure all of my sources were credible. Unfortunetly, this guy was big time gun control and dismissed all ofsited work that showed that most guns used in crimes are illegally being purchased and that many of the guns are coming in from foreign countries on the black market. And this was in rural PA where most of the people hunt or own a firearm.

If the prof is anti-gun/ anti-hunteryou may be walking into a trap. Plus, even though it is a great thing to write about it is not original and professors like when you provide a new topic.

jmjuergensen 04-13-2007 07:13 AM

Where in east central MN? I'm from that area too.

kdsberman 04-13-2007 07:52 AM

Go with the hunting/anti hunting paper....ive done many speeches and reports on them before and have done well so if you need any help let me know.

GoGoGadgetGuardian 04-13-2007 11:03 AM

i would have to check, but i go to the university of delaware and did an 8-10 page paper on animal rights activists vs hunters and got an A on it