Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Off topic..but curious.. >

Off topic..but curious..

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Off topic..but curious..

Old 04-11-2007, 09:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Off topic..but curious..

Since we are like some sort of dis-functional family, many times people share their losses or hardships on the board. As an act of support many people say Prayers sent.

How many of us actually say a prayer as opposed to just saying we do?

Personally, if I say Prayer sent. I say a Prayer for the individual either silently or aloud.

I don't wish to get into a Religious Debate..AT ALL.. I imagine those without a belief in God would skip those types of threads or just say my thoughts are with you or something to that effect..

It's my hope that this doesn't get moved to the Religious Forum..because I know what their response would be..I'm more interested in those of us that call the Bowhunting Forum, home.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Off topic..but curious..

I just said one for you

Amen[8D]
Old 04-11-2007, 09:29 AM
Dominant Buck

I don't respond publicly to those threads.

There are a number of forum members that know that I have responded, in private. If I wasn't sincere....I woudn't waste mine or their time by doing so.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:33 AM

I don't reply to any 'prayer' type posts. If you want to pray to a god of your choice thats fine, but I'm not a religious person, and am not going to give the impression that I am.

I see nothing wrong with this thread in bowhunting BTW.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

How many of us actually say a prayer as opposed to just saying we do?
If I say I do, I do it right away.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:44 AM

Intersting question you have. I would guess that many actually say a prayer, but likely quite a few either forget to do so, or may take the statement of saying "I will say a prayer for you" as somehow actually being a prayer. If I say it try to remember to do so, but have forgotten as well.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think you mean it to be, but this thread is rather insulting. If you think so lowly of the members of this community, why would you be a member of it? You are basically asking who is not a hypocrit and a liar.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:59 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: huntingson

I don't think you mean it to be, but this thread is rather insulting. If you think so lowly of the members of this community, why would you be a member of it? You are basically asking who is not a hypocrit and a liar.
Why I prayed for him
Old 04-11-2007, 10:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

I think, in some way, by saying you feel for the person you are saying a little prayer. I usually take a moment of silence to address God directly, but just because you don't make the symbol of the Cross doesn't mean He isn't listening.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:14 AM

ORIGINAL: huntingson

Why put words in his mouth? I read nothing in his question indicating anything about hypocracy or lying, but a legitimate question and observations.Ican alsoappreciate thathe may want to pose the question in his favorite forum versus the religion forum, as he may not be looking for a debate and criticism, but simply answers from the average forum member.

Quick Reply: Off topic..but curious..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.