Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Injury update w/pics >

Injury update w/pics

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Injury update w/pics

Old 04-10-2007, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Injury update w/pics

One week ago I was shooting the bow and had a arrow shatter on release. The font of the arrow continued on and the tail shafted proceeded to shoot itself into my left hand between my index finger anf thumb. I then pulled the arrow out(I know a mistake)...blood then was everywhere. Jamie rushed me to the ER where later that night I had surgey. I niched the artery and they had to tie it off. She also pulled out three big pieces of arrow along with "a ton" of small pieces. Just got back from the doctor and all looks pretty good...still really swollen....I am definetly going to have some nerve damage. But I am confident that I will regain my strength and mobility back....gonna be pinful recovery.
Here are some pics.
At the ER..not the best pic......

The arrow....

The part of the arrow that was in my hand....about 1.5" of it in my hand..

My club.......

Hand pictures..wound does look too bad...but you can see some bruising and swelling.....

All I cay to all bow shooters..is make sure those carbon arrows are great shape before shooting.....I may be switching to aluminum.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Injury update w/pics

Hope you have a quick recovery!!! Get well soon.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:53 PM
Fork Horn

OUCH!!! Good luck with your recovery.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Yep .... that looks like it had to hurt some , hope for your sake you heal up fast.
Get well soon and get back to shooting that bow
Old 04-10-2007, 02:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

OUCH man....hope you recover quickly.....that had to HURT. im somewhat convinced NOT to buy camoed carbon shafts...seems they hide the breaks and cracks and such that would be visible on inspection...a typical black shaft you can see them pretty clearly. i visually inspect mine every shot..i dont know if i could shoot again if that happened to me..but noticed with black shafts i can see a crack without even flexing the shafts...ive nicked a few with other arrows that i might have otherwise shot if i didnt know they were close and didnt check...

man....thats crazy...hope you heal up good and quickly...
Old 04-10-2007, 02:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck in your recovery. I hope it's not too long.

We've been seeing too many of these lately. Check your arrows. The best way to check them is by sight AND sound. Flex them after pulling them from the target. If you hear crackling retire that arrow. Pictures like this are why I switched to ACCs. Not that they can't have issues too, but the fact that they have and aluminum core will hopefully give them some more support. Still have to check those arrows though.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:32 PM

[:@][:@][:@]

HOPE YOU GET BETTER SOON
Old 04-10-2007, 02:34 PM

SCARY. Actually looks pretty good though all things considered. Hope u have a quick and FULL recovery. Best wishes to ya.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:38 PM

Damn dude!!!I hope you heal well and soon.
Old 04-10-2007, 02:42 PM

get well soon bro hope ever thing heals well

Quick Reply: Injury update w/pics

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.