Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Your Wife and Your Obsession >

Your Wife and Your Obsession

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Deliveries to a place other than home
7.83%
Deliveries when she wont be home
3.48%
Shopping without her so she doesn't know
12.17%
My wife always knows what I buy and doesn't care
42.61%
My wife always knows what I buy and does care
9.57%
I'm Not married
16.52%
I'm not married because of my obsession called "BOWHUNTING"
7.83%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Your Wife and Your Obsession

Old 04-09-2007, 08:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Your Wife and Your Obsession

If I want something archery related, I just make it. My wife loves it. Gets me out of the house and outta her way. Not to mention saving a truckload of money. And it gives me even more ways to indulge myself in my obsession. There are all kinds of side hobbies to archery, especially if you get into the traditional and primitive side of the sport.

Old 04-09-2007, 08:57 AM
Typical Buck

Back in 97 I was tucking away $25 a week to purchase a new Oneida bow. When I finally had saved enough, the wife announced that we couldn't afford the new bow because we were fixin to buy our first house. I went into panic mode...

So mebeing the ingenious person I am, printed up fake lottery tickets with the second prize being the Oneida bow I wanted. I told the wife I bought $5 worth of lottery tickets and put them on the fridge. I then had a friend call the house (when we weren't home) to leave a message saying "this message is for Ken, just calling to say you won second place, please come pick up your bow."

Old 04-09-2007, 08:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: kenman

Back in 97 I was tucking away $25 a week to purchase a new Oneida bow. When I finally had saved enough, the wife announced that we couldn't afford the new bow because we were fixin to buy our first house. I went into panic mode...

So mebeing the ingenious person I am, printed up fake lottery tickets with the second prize being the Oneida bow I wanted. I told the wife I bought $5 worth of lottery tickets and put them on the fridge. I then had a friend call the house (when we weren't home) to leave a message saying "this message is for Ken, just calling to say you won second place, please come pick up your bow."
lol!!!! That is hilarious!!! Make sure she doesn't read this!!!
Old 04-09-2007, 09:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

For those who say that it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission they've never had a country girl kick their butts.
Oh yea, how about a fiary Red Head that sees only red when she gets mad? She's the best though.

.... and one that can shoot too!!!
Old 04-09-2007, 09:09 AM

I usually tell my wife what I "need" to buy, etc...and most of the times, all works fine...

For some of us, debt is the only means to get something you want...Credit can be a great useful tool if used wisely.

Just my 0.02

Old 04-09-2007, 09:42 AM

Never been married, never will be married, not unless I meet the perfect woman, and I dont think she exists, at least not for me.
Not interested in having kids, this world is too messed up to bring a child into.

Ill just stick with being single, having the occassional girlfriend, and hunting and rock climbing the rest of my life.
To hell with love
Old 04-09-2007, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

My wife knows and doesn't care!!!! But I'm on wife number two!!!!! Walt
Old 04-09-2007, 10:26 AM

There really was not an option that was really right for me, but chose the tell my wife as she cares option. In reality, if I am buying a less expensive item, around $75 or less, then I regularly do not bother to say anything, but for things more expensive, over $75, I will let my wife know I plan to buy it or did buy it.
Old 04-09-2007, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

My wife doesn't know what I buy and she doesn't care (I didn't see that option). I think it is about mutual respect and trust. I respect her and our family enough not to do anything to harm it and she trusts that. And vice versa.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

She knows, and its fine with her, im a lucky man

Quick Reply: Your Wife and Your Obsession

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.