Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is all the HYPE about?Bowtech? >

What is all the HYPE about?Bowtech?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is all the HYPE about?Bowtech?

Old 04-08-2007, 08:59 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: What is all the HYPE about?Bowtech?

I don't care if the cams turn sideways, it's a great shooting quiet bow.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:06 PM

I think the Gaudian has a terrible draw and the Ally has significant hand shock.......and the 2007 bowtechs eat servings from what I have seen.

Other then that I think Bowtech makes GREAT bows and are my first choice.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:52 AM
Dominant Buck

I don't have a lot of experience, owning bows. I've owned 3......and shot them ALL, though. I bought the '07 Allegiance. It had less hand shock than it's competitors (Drenalin and vectrix) ...in MY hand.....and it's faster than anything I've ever shot.

No serving separation on MINE.....so I'll have to trust THAT experience, too.

I've only taken one shot at an animal with it......but that one turned out "peachy". In three 3D shoots.......2nd, 1st and 2nd.....so it's "working" in that arena, also.

It's the best bow I've ever shot......hands down.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:22 AM
Host of Hosts

Usually these theads starting out "not bashing, but" are just that. Maybe the original poster isn't bashing, but he knows others will join in and do it for him. Sorry thats what I see in 90 % of these "I'm not bashing posts"

Len offered scientific proof and still some say, naaah I don't beleive it. They just offer a different opinion as proof with no testing or no comparisons.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:28 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have not found significant cam lean in any of the Bowtech bows that I have owned and shot within the last two years. Prior to that I wasn't looking for it as much because it just did not seem to be an issue. My current selection, a Commander, is excellent in just about every regard. If I could change one item on it then it would probably be to drop a few ounces off the weight but other than that......

I think one of the reasons why they are so widely popular is because they are a relatively new company that takes consumer suggestions to heart when designing and improving the subsequent year's lineup. They also have a very active following on the forums which, I am sure, many competitors are not happy with.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:33 AM

Walks with a gimp said it best...Bob
Old 04-09-2007, 06:13 AM
Spike

ORIGINAL: PABowhntr

I have not found significant cam lean in any of the Bowtech bows that I have owned and shot within the last two years. Prior to that I wasn't looking for it as much because it just did not seem to be an issue. My current selection, a Commander, is excellent in just about every regard. If I could change one item on it then it would probably be to drop a few ounces off the weight but other than that......

I think one of the reasons why they are so widely popular is because they are a relatively new company that takes consumer suggestions to heart when designing and improving the subsequent year's lineup. They also have a very active following on the forums which, I am sure, many competitors are not happy with.
I would generally agree with that. IMHO the Bowtech Gaurdian is the best bow they have ever introduced and one of the best bows out there. In my limited shooting of it, I found it a tackdriver.

what might be an interesting topic-why does one company "take off" like Bowtech, and other companies such as Parker, Renegade, etc never really "take off" and develop significant followings.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Len offered scientific proof and still some say, naaah I don't beleive it. They just offer a different opinion as proof with no testing or no comparisons.
This is not anything against Len, because I have learned more from him in the last 7 or so years on this site than any 10 other members combined. However, Len has extensively tested his entire stock of Guardians which I believe he said has been about 30 or so bows. Has it ever occured to anyone that perhaps in the hundreds of Guardians produced and shipped that there may be some cam lean on some? These posts are going to get the most attention because they are mentioning something wrong with a bow that was thought to be bullet proof, especially on certain sites. Then those who have the bow defend it because they are so happy with theirs and rightly so. Here is what I believe:

[ul][*]Lens tests have revealed that there is no widespread problem and that his stock is better than most bows out there in terms of cam lean. Note: you want a good Guardian, go see Len.[*]There are Guardians out there that have some problems, some being cam lean, but these are vastly in theminority[*]Some out there would like nothing more than to see BowTech fail for one reason or another[*]Some out there believe that those at BowTech walk on water and by saying otherwise you are committing a blasphemy[*]If you buy a Guardian you have a pretty good chance of getting a good bow whose design is ground breaking and should push the envelope of technology for the next several years[/ul]
I myself have owned 3 BowTechs. They make great bows, but so do Hoyt, Mathews, Ross, Darton, Bear, Elite, PSE, and many other companies. Shoot what you shoot and enjoy it. As long as you're shooting it well that's all that matters anyway.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

EVERY company has issues from time to time--i'm sure they'll stand behind their product and get any problems you may have resolved.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey MO...

I bet that guy traded that bow in for a reason Did you guys check the poundage, cam rotation (timing marks),ATA, Brace Height, Tiller ETC. to find out if there was a problem with the bow before you resold it?

That is not a characteristic of an Allegiance....
[/align]

Quick Reply: What is all the HYPE about?Bowtech?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.