Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 bow hunting black bear from ground >

bow hunting black bear from ground

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bow hunting black bear from ground

Old 04-08-2007, 04:44 PM

Default bow hunting black bear from ground

Do any of you hunt bear from the ground?
Old 04-08-2007, 04:58 PM

Default RE: bow hunting black bear from ground

Here is a 300 lb boar my nephew killedwith me in Ontario at 10 yards from a Double Bull blind. Give it a try, its a blast to be eye to eye with em.

Old 04-08-2007, 05:22 PM

Now thats pretty awesome!!!!!!
Old 04-08-2007, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've never tried it, but family members with alot of experiance have told me that a hit bear will usually run from a shot, but sometimes will run towards it.
I wouldn't hesitate with a gun, but the above would be something to consider with a bow.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've only been once and we used tree stands to bowhunt them. As quite as they are coming in to the bait, one would have no trouble sneeking up on you if you were in a blind. I would be looking over my shoulder all the time if I were in a blind by myself. You just cannot hear them coming. I thought they would come charging into the bait, but I guess they are afraid of a bigger bear being nearby, so they sneak in. Get in a tree if it is your first time.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:12 PM
Banned

We are doing it this year. I plan on having my camera person film me while I sit on achair with no blind. I may hang a donut off of my boot for even more excitement and thrill.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

We are doing it this year. I plan on having my camera person film me while I sit on achair with no blind. I may hang a donut off of my boot for even more excitement and thrill.

All I gotta say is watch your back Don. Those bears can be pretty sneaky. But I do think they are more afraid of us than we are of them. Kind of like a whitetail, if they know you're there you won't even see them.
Old 04-08-2007, 07:09 PM

Thanks guys, I have shot them before but when I was hunting for other animals, they happened to be there so BANG!lol but now I am going to try with the bow for a little more excitment they sound like they could be a fun animal to acually hunt for so I figured its time to try baiting one in!!
Any of you ever been chased or rushed by a bear??
Old 04-09-2007, 03:04 AM

just be carefull they are very curius i had one last year stick its head in my blind. and if theres cubs dont make moma mad
Old 04-09-2007, 06:25 AM
Typical Buck

I've shot several from a treestand, and they've all run FROM the shot except one. The one that didn't run from the shot totally freaked out. Ran in circles, growling to beat heck, going up on it's hind legs clawing at the air. When it finally bolted, it ran right at my tree and slammed into it with it's front shoulder breaking the arrow off (the arrow stuck in the opposite shoulder after popping it's balloons).It only made it about 50 yards before giving the death growl and piling up. Watching that reaction totally cured me of wanting to stick one on the ground. I carry a .308 encore pistol for on the ground bear opportunities while going to-from the stand.

Quick Reply: bow hunting black bear from ground

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.