Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Happy Easter to me....Got my Guardian today! >

Happy Easter to me....Got my Guardian today!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Happy Easter to me....Got my Guardian today!

Old 04-08-2007, 07:37 PM

Default RE: Happy Easter to me....Got my Guardian today!

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Walks with a gimp might be on to something there. It does look like your release is pushing your arrow off the string,.... in which case you're about close to a dry fire.( not a good thing with a speed bow)[&:]
I think it could have been cuz my sister was taking forever to take the pic and i let down then redrew my bow. It also could be cuz i shoot off my string instead of using a d-loop? I did have some problems with my old bow having arrows coming off the string sometimes if i drew then let down. Could it be the nocks?
Old 04-08-2007, 07:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Happy Easter MO B....I agree with wwag, you should add an anchor under your arrow's nock...it's asking for trouble. IMO
Old 04-08-2007, 07:47 PM

Red boar... So far i love the rest. The way the people at the shop explained it to me is that it hooks up to your down cable instead of your up cable like most drop aways...by doing this it pulls a sort of trigger up and when you shoot it releases the trigger forcing the rest down and allowing the vanes to clear. To answer your question it does make some noise because it is metal but it is not as loud as some metal rests so before the season starts i am going to put some shrink tube on it to quiet it. So far so good. I had clearance issues with my NAP drop away 2000, and none with this rest as of yet.

mobow
...your hilarious...never took a pic of myself at full draw before...I'll agree I look kinda of goofy.

midwestj...I live in Eureka...and go to school in Springfield. I havent chronoed it yet but my guess would be in the 260-270s.

Old 04-08-2007, 08:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

Could it be the nocks?
Nope, nock pinch caused by your release and string angle. Again a cushion under your arrow nock will help.
Old 04-08-2007, 08:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Could it be the nocks?
Nope, nock pinch caused by your release and string angle. Again a cushion under your arrow nock will help.
I see what you are saying Rob. I use one of those cushions that come on your string and i guess it's not enough?
Old 04-08-2007, 09:02 PM
Dominant Buck

When you shoot off the string bare like that you will push the arrow off the string. That's another reason most of us have gone to the loop. I undertand with your short draw you may not want to loose that 1/2 inch, but you best be careful. Those big caliper jaws will push it off.
Old 04-09-2007, 04:31 PM

Is there any way to shoot a d-loop without making my draw length too long and without changing the mods in my bow? I saw this in the thread about having a D-loop and wondered how to do this?
Old 04-09-2007, 05:54 PM

If your shop knows how to tie a VERY short loop and you get a loop hook style release, that's the ticket.

Good luck.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great looking bow.
Old 04-09-2007, 07:38 PM

If you would like to stay with a hand held thumb trigger, try the Carter Ember. Use a short loop and the Ember and you'll probably gain a 1/2 inch or more over what you're using now. When I first tried out the Axis arrows, I noticed that while shooting off the string that they were very close to coming off at full draw. I switched to a loop and the rest,, as they say, is history.

Quick Reply: Happy Easter to me....Got my Guardian today!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.