HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Guardian cam lean - fact or fiction??? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/187451-guardian-cam-lean-fact-fiction.html)

Germ 04-08-2007 06:02 AM

RE: Guardian cam lean - fact or fiction???

ORIGINAL: Len in Maryland

Germ:

The GT 75-95 is a very stiff arrow. One cam bows like stiff arrows, but they are not as necessary on two cam bows. Besides, the consistentspine of a that arrow is questionable. With the tear the way you describe, it indicates a possible over-spined condition.

I've tuned quite a few 31" Guardians and just one on Friday -Trestand's. They all tuned just fine. Trestand is very happy with his. He just posted on Davidmil's thread.
Thx Len that make sense. Will try again with a different arrow. I have Pro 40, Hoyt UltraTec, Ross and a Mathews and all shoot great. This one just confused me.

atlasman 04-08-2007 08:00 AM

Are These tools used to check your bow at full draw available to the public or just something you made up in your shop????

HuntingBry 04-08-2007 08:21 AM

Atlas, LOL. You love to push buttons.

And I think we both agree that things are being blown out of proportion.
Len, on that site it seems like everything is blown out of proportion. I have been a member of that site for nearly five years and I've posted less than 100 times.

Anyone who has followed he Guardian knows that the cam design was made to eliminate the cam lean that has plagued BowTech the last several years. So it would seem that the problems that exist are most likely manufacturing problems, archer induced with tinkering, or specific to certain specs/set ups.

Personally, my biggest issue with the Guardian is the draw. If they could get that draw like the Allegiance with smooth cams, OMG!!!

walks with a gimp 04-08-2007 11:33 AM

Being the chronic tinkerer that I am,, I decided to make up a shoot through harness for my Guardian. It uses a double cable rod arrangement to keep the cables from turning and spread out a little more than what the old Proline spreaders that I had would allow. I shot it some and chronoed the set up with the exact same draw length and draw weight. I was expecting to gain a little speed but it still shot the same as the standard factory harness that came on the bow. What I did finally notice was that the shoot through harness allowed a bit more cable/cam clearance at full draw. I had about 1/8" to 3/16" with the stock harness and it went out to more than 1/4" with the shoot through. The other thing,, and that's why I went back to the stock harness was that the cams now leaned A BIT away from the factory cable rod. With the factory harness, there is no cam lean at full draw or at brace.

I guess sometimes there's not much improving to do on a great bow to start with;)

walks with a gimp 04-08-2007 11:33 AM

Here's another pic.

walks with a gimp 04-08-2007 11:34 AM

I used UltraCam string matreial and DiamondBack for serving.

walks with a gimp 04-08-2007 11:35 AM

Forgot the pic

walks with a gimp 04-08-2007 11:36 AM

Woops!

walks with a gimp 04-08-2007 11:38 AM

Another look..

Len in Maryland 04-08-2007 12:27 PM

atlasman:

A full draw tool for the general public is available from Apple Archery under their part number 0722. I designed it and they produce/sell it. It allows you to perform about 10+ different functions on a bow.

WWAG:

Man with my own heart. You do like to tinker, don't you?;)