Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! >

AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-06-2007, 08:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

What type of rest do you use? Can you move both the rest and the nocking pointup a little? It won't take much....But if you can move them both, you will still be able to tune, and that should bring your pins up as well. Even1/16th inch will have you shooting several inches high....Then you would have to bringyour pins up......At least in my mind that would work, don't know why it wouldn't....

Man, where's TFOX when ya need him.....He's likeThe Tuning Jedi Master....

I'm here,it is just being covered.

Not really a whole lot that can be going on.

Anchor
noch point
rest height
sight too small
not enough adjustment on sight

If the nock and rest are level,then unless they are hitting,they are not too low.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:35 AM

well i shoot it well and consistant, not sure why they say not a beginner bow, because it was my first. and now i shoot it great, and the lighter bows, that have a bigger brace hieght, to me are so easy to tune and shoot. so myabe i learned the hard way but for me it worked out quite nicly.

But in regards to Paul L Mohr, i will go home and see if maybe lowering my kisser button well help me out. Thanks
Old 04-06-2007, 08:55 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: blackmax2

well i shoot it well and consistant, not sure why they say not a beginner bow, because it was my first. and now i shoot it great, and the lighter bows, that have a bigger brace hieght, to me are so easy to tune and shoot. so myabe i learned the hard way but for me it worked out quite nicly.

But in regards to Paul L Mohr, i will go home and see if maybe lowering my kisser button well help me out. Thanks

All things are relative,how would you shoot with a forgiving bow?

You may not have some of the problems you are experiencing now because a longer bow will give you a better string angle and maybe you wouldn't have to anchor so high trying to get string contact with your face.

Work with your anchor,make sure it is solid,then set the equipment up to match,don't move your peep unless it is to get a better/more solidanchor.

Then make sure the bow is tuned,rest is right height and nock matches.

Then if there is a problem with the sight,if possible,adjust the whole housing down,if it isn't possible,then look for a sight that has more adjustment.

If it is sighted in and is shooting well,why worry about the pins at the bottom of the housing?

Shoot it and have fun.

All the above is if you NEED to move the sight.

Old 04-06-2007, 09:51 AM

First thing I would check is peep placement. Draw back with your eyes closed and settle in to a comfortable anchor point/shooting position then open your eyes. Are you looking straight through the peep? If not, move the peep to where it needs to be, don't adjust yourself to the peep as Paul mentioned so many people do.
Old 04-06-2007, 10:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

First thing I would check is peep placement. Draw back with your eyes closed and settle in to a comfortable anchor point/shooting position then open your eyes. Are you looking straight through the peep? If not, move the peep to where it needs to be, don't adjust yourself to the peep as Paul mentioned so many people do.
I agree with Kodiak & TFox

I use the closed eye methind to set-up my peeps and have the sameissue as the poster. I stopped worrying about how low the sites are a while ago and just shoot and have fun doing so. Even on my old Bear Whitetail Legend my pins are low on the site. The ATA is much longer on that bow than my Ally. However, the drop diffrenence betwee nthe 2 bows is probably an inch or so due to angle of string and same draw length.

There is nothing written in stone that says your pins should be in the middle of the site with the site set-up in the middle of the adjustment.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:45 PM
Dominant Buck

It sounds like you're learning but still have some hole in you knowledge base. When you say you tuned your bow.... what did you do to say it's tuned? From where you're starting us, it could be a number of things. Most have been covered. How do your arrows group? It's almost like a different person is shooting the bow so far. I suspect a peep or an anchor problem.... IF you are truly tuned.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

If your peep sight is very close to your string loop, it can cause your sights to be maxed out in there lowest position. You have two choices, new sights with more adjustability or raise your peep and adjust your anchor point some.