Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! >

AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-06-2007, 07:06 AM

Default AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so i have tuned my bow, eplaced strings and all of that good stuff, but my 20 yard pin seems to be very low. i hae 5 pins tottal and the are all bunched up at the bottom, got like an inch and a half space between the top of my sight and my first pin, and then i have the sight it self lowerd in the brachet as far as it will go. what is going on with this D@#$ thing???? Any help?
Old 04-06-2007, 07:17 AM

Default RE: AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Probably has something to do with how you anchor the bow at full draw, or where your nocking point is on the string.

Paul
Old 04-06-2007, 07:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Paul, can you expand on that a little? I had to switch sights for a similar reason, but would like to be able to use the other one if at all possible.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:34 AM

well not saying that i am perfect but i am almost 100 positive i anchor the same way everytime. i will go home and check my nock point but sure that it is good as well. been checked before.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Can you adjust the entire sight down andthen move the pins up? The sight frame should line up with your peep sight.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: blackmax2

Ok, so i have tuned my bow, eplaced strings and all of that good stuff, but my 20 yard pin seems to be very low. i hae 5 pins tottal and the are all bunched up at the bottom, got like an inch and a half space between the top of my sight and my first pin, and then i have the sight it self lowerd in the brachet as far as it will go. what is going on with this D@#$ thing???? Any help?
Ihave a similar problem due to where my anchor point is. Even though I anchor with my thumb under my jaw. I'm sure it's all based o nthe structural shape of my head and face.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:45 AM

What type of rest do you use? Can you move both the rest and the nocking pointup a little? It won't take much....But if you can move them both, you will still be able to tune, and that should bring your pins up as well. Even1/16th inch will have you shooting several inches high....Then you would have to bringyour pins up......At least in my mind that would work, don't know why it wouldn't....

Man, where's TFOX when ya need him.....He's likeThe Tuning Jedi Master....
Old 04-06-2007, 08:09 AM

Well seems to be maybe my nock and rest are to low, i well go home and move it slightly up, hopefully it will even out my sights.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:22 AM

I'm not saying you are anchoring inconsistantly, but it may have to do with WHERE you anchor. You may be anchoring the bow in way that makes you point the bow in a direction that would cause you to move your pins close to your sight window limit. Some actually run out of sight window doing this.

It is very hard to say without seeing your bow or you shoot. Could be your peep was set up in the wrong location as well. This is very common. I often see people changing their form to match a peep location instead of making the peep match their form.

Basically if you anchor high on your face it will cause you to point the bow down and if you anchor low on your face it will cause you to point it up. Same thing would go if your nocking point was too high or low on the string. And if your peep was in the wrong location it would force you to anchor differently than you should in order to see through it. Also doesn't do much for your form.

And I am not saying your bow is not tuned and your nocking point is off in relationship to your rest, but it may be too high or low on the string to begin with. This would also cause this problem.

I just did a search to see what type of rest you are using. I was thinking maybe a drop a way and it wasn't coming up correctly. But i see you have a WB and are you are messing up your fletchings. This would lead me to believe you do indeed have some sort of tuning issue with your bow.

Someone needs to look at your set up and watch you shoot.

My opinion anyway.

Paul
Old 04-06-2007, 08:26 AM

Also keep in mind the black max is sort of hard to tune and shoot well. Not that it can't be done, but I wouldn't suggest it for a beginner archer. My local shop carries them but doesn't reccomend them to very many. I looked at one years ago and they advised me against getting it. They suggested the Ultra 2 instead if I wanted a faster mathews.

I looked at the original black max, not the newer one. I am not sure what differences are between the two to be honest.

Paul

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.