Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Confessions of a Whitetail Addict >

Confessions of a Whitetail Addict

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Confessions of a Whitetail Addict

Old 04-05-2007, 06:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Confessions of a Whitetail Addict

I have actually skipped High School to go deer hunting and got a note from my parents stating that I was needed at home (1978) Some states do the smart thing and just close school.

I have actually driven a motorcycle to go bowhunting. I was a University of Iowa student at the time and thus had to drive through Iowa City ( a bambi hugging liberal town) with my bow slung around my neck. I did get a few looks! I never planned on what I would do if I did actually fill my tag. (1984)

I have actually slept in the timber for fear of oversleeping at home on opening morning.

Old 04-05-2007, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have actually hunted on private property that i didnt know was not my friends

i have actually done amazing this hunting season
Old 04-05-2007, 06:24 PM

I have actually been unable to shower because we cleaned and stored two deer in the bathtub full of ice inour hotel!

I transported an cow elk in the backseat of my ex-wife's Hyundai! (Ha! Ha!)I wonder why she left me???
Old 04-05-2007, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

what kind of car?
Old 04-05-2007, 09:47 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Ever sinceTyler first started bowhunting/rifle huntingand at least two times in the spring every yearduring shed hunting... I will take a couple days off work to hunt or shed hunt. Tyler's signed excuse notesused to read... Tyler missed school for a field trip with me, quality time with dad, or a much needed father/son day. Tim

The teachers figured it out after a couple years and ask him how hunting or shed hunting went. Now I just write Tyler went hunting or shed hunting. The sad part is... he takes days off to hunt when I can't get out of work. [:@]

Our anniversary falls right during hunting season. I must have been in rut and apparentlynot thinking. [] Wife asks every year if I will spend the day with herand takeher out for a romanticanniversary dinner. I tell her sure...but she needs to dress warm andwe have to be careful not tocatch the cattails on fire whenshe lights the candles.

Tim

Old 04-06-2007, 08:11 AM

I actually told my wife we were not getting married during any hunting season (we were married on July 26) and I was having camo in the wedding.

I actually stuffed two does into the back of a 1993Eagle Talon two seasons ago.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:30 AM

i ACTUALLY set here and read every single post, laughed my a#$ off and took great notes. Me having a new wife,amd ignorate yet to the ways of hunting, alot of this just might come in handy!!!!
Old 04-06-2007, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have actually done a lot of the things listed here all in the name of hunting. I have quit a job,planned births, my wedding,parties,lost girlfriends 3 of them to be exact, hauled deer in a Daytona, got up at 2 a.m. and drove 3 hours (more than once), Had blood on my shes at school, had blod on my wrist at my wifes sisters wedding. The list could go on back I have to get back to work. Great thread
Old 04-06-2007, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

I have actually dated a girl during bow seasonjust because I wanted to hunt on her family'sproperty.
I'll one up you. I've dated ugly girls to hunt property! I've also dated a girl near the up north hunting camp so that I could shower! LOL

Tom
Old 04-06-2007, 10:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a friend that was a dentist and when we would plan a hunt he would have his receptionist call the office and tell our secretary of my dentist appointment for tommorow. I walked in the office and say,"Geez I forgt all about that, I just can't go because of all the workload accumulateing". My boss man told me and would make me go, even though I protested. When we had a biopsy I could milk that out for most of hunting season.

Bobby

Quick Reply: Confessions of a Whitetail Addict

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.