Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Confessions of a Whitetail Addict >

Confessions of a Whitetail Addict

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Confessions of a Whitetail Addict

Old 04-05-2007, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Confessions of a Whitetail Addict

I have lied tomy commanding officerabout a family member's death so that I could go hunting instead of to the Marine Corps Ball.

Old 04-05-2007, 12:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

When we first met, (before she knew any better) I actually convinced my wifethat we were going to go to her friend's Halloween party as G.I. Joe and G.I. Jane - she agreed and got herself dolled up in a little camo skirt with olive drab top - camo face paint, the whole bit. I figured thatif I really drove fast, Icould hunt until dark, then just stay in the same clothes, leave my facepaint on, pick her up and head to the party.

She would never fall for that trick now. I tell ya, women have memories like steel traps. She will NOT let me forget that I did that to her. LOL
Old 04-05-2007, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have actually stuffed a buck in the trunk of a neon!

This past season my roomate from college scored on the second day of bow season on a farm that we had permission to hunt on. The seven point was a michigan butterball buck that weighed 160 lbs. we put him in the bed of my truck and took him back to the dorm, but my roomate had to get him home and all he has is a dodge neon! So we proceded to stuff it in the trunk of the neon as people walked by wondering what we were doin'!
Old 04-05-2007, 12:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have took a 25,000 dollar paycut to workfor Cabela's. Too buy 25,000 dollars worth of gear at cost or below cost
Old 04-05-2007, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

That sounds like a good job!
Old 04-05-2007, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Germ

I have took a 25,000 dollar paycut to workfor Cabela's. Too buy 25,000 dollars worth of gear at cost or below cost
So, in essence, you pay to work?
Old 04-05-2007, 01:17 PM

I have recently changed jobs and moved my family 1100+ miles to have more big game hunting opportunities in CO.

I will now be able to take all of my vacation time to hunt in my home state of IL during spring break and fall break, which conveniently fall during the turkey season and whitetail rut, all in the name of taking my wife and kids home to visit family.

I leave out next week for our first visit. I'll turkey hunt every morning of the 10 day visit.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have actually spent about $15,000 bowhunting whitetails in Alberta, go figure!
Old 04-05-2007, 01:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: huntingson

ORIGINAL: Germ

So, in essence, you pay to work?
No they were loosing money
Old 04-05-2007, 01:29 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm going to pay (likely) $1,500 to go to KS and hunt birds, next year.....when I have PLENTY of them right here at home.

If we all sat down and thought about why we do what we do......and had to make SENSE of it all.........had to JUSTIFY it.........it would take the fun out of it.

Quick Reply: Confessions of a Whitetail Addict

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.