Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Zumbo Q&A

Old 04-04-2007, 12:43 PM
Typical Buck

Default Zumbo Q&A

Here's the latest!
Exclusive Interview: Ten Questions For Jim Zumbo

http://fieldandstream.blogs.com/news/2007/04/ten_questions_f.html
Old 04-04-2007, 12:52 PM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: Zumbo Q&A

Spin....Spin and more Spin.

Thanks for posting, interesting read.
Old 04-04-2007, 01:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: BigJ12

Spin....Spin and more Spin.

Thanks for posting, interesting read.
He's pretty good at the backstroke
Old 04-04-2007, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jimbo Jimbo....you still get no where with me!
Old 04-04-2007, 01:21 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm probably going to be in the minority, here.......but I think he's sincere.

He readily admits he made a HUGE mistake......and I can't help it....I have to believe him. I don't know him.....so I can't, for certain, say he's being INsincere. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Just one man's view.....
Old 04-04-2007, 01:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

I still don't think he made a mistake at all, and I surely don't think he's sincere. He's just cashing in...and I can't blame the guy.

He's a hunter, not a gun enthusiast. He's been saying it all along, and he's still saying it.

There is a very clear divide on Zumbo, and it evidences the point that there are two camps of hunters: Those who love guns, and those who really don't care. I would call it "gun enthusiasts" versus hunters. Obviously, there are guys who hunt AND are gun enthusiasts, but by no means are these two groups mutually exclusive.

The former group makes up the 20% of hunters who are NRA members and the most vocal pro-gun voices. These are your internet message board loudmouths, your letter writers, your extremists. This group comprised Jayzee's most zealous attackers.

The latter group(myself and Zumboincluded) are the guys who hunt, but favor some level of gun control. We don't have assault weapons. We don't care to. If they banned gun season on a Friday, we'd be out there on Saturday with bow-in-hand, never missing a beat.

Zumbo could have retired at his leisure (he's got that kind of bling bling), but he's riding this gravy train. His opponents have made his name a household one, and like I always say "No publicity is bad publicity."

*singing*
I'll make the supermarket tabloids,
They'll write some awful stuff
But the more they run my name down,
The more my price goes up!

Cause when you're a celebrity....

Old 04-04-2007, 02:08 PM
Site Bouncer

Then there are those of us who areConstitution enthusiast who believe the words from Zumbo or any other high profile writer only hurt the Constitution and the way the framers intended it to be. Funny he had no problem spouting off about his First Amendment rights though.

I would have had a far less of a problem with him had hejust stuck to AR's and AK's as they related to hunting instead of calling them "terrorist weapons"

You know it's kind ofironic how he wants to do so much for our fighting men and women yet demonizes thevery weapon they use to keep themselves alive and his sorry "rear end" free so he can shoot his mouth off.[:@]
Old 04-04-2007, 02:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

The latter group(myself and Zumboincluded) are the guys who hunt, but favor some level of gun control. We don't have assault weapons. We don't care to. If they banned gun season on a Friday, we'd be out there on Saturday with bow-in-hand, never missing a beat.
You better being hunting Saturday, becasue on Sunday Bowhunting is next!!!

Gun and bow hunting go hand and hand. What happens to one will affect they other. For the recordI own one gun, but will fight for it like I own 1000. As soon as we let them in the front down we will lose the whole house.

These people are not going to say "Give us your AR's and have a nice day", it will be "May I have another"

If you do not like a gun do not buy it. I do not like lawyers so I don't use one After they get your gun quick they are going come after Free speech next. These people get off on telling others how to live.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:22 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: Germ
Gun and bow hunting go hand and hand. What happens to one will affect they other. For the recordI own one gun, but will fight for it like I own 1000. As soon as we let them in the front down we will loose the whole house.
+1

There is anti gun legislation here in Illinois that if it passes will make semiautomatic hunting shotguns (yeah like a Rem. 1100) illegal.

Give an inch and they will take a mile!
Old 04-04-2007, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

You better being hunting Saturday, becasue on Sunday Bowhunting is next!!!
Sunday Bowhunting in many WV counties is not allowed now.

A man in his position shold have know better and it is a scary thought when we have other hunters like Zumbo and members on this forum supporting any kind of outlawing of any gun.

It will start with assault weapons and end with your shotgun and rifle. It's called creeping incrementalism. It happens all of the time and if it were not for people like Ted Nugent and theenthusiasts, we could have already lost our rights......

Without the NRA and it's money and political backing, your hunting becomes vulnerable.

Quick Reply: Zumbo Q&A

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.