Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who wins bow of the year? >

Who wins bow of the year?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who wins bow of the year?

Old 04-04-2007, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who wins bow of the year?

It will most definately be the Hoyt Vectrix....Just because Hoyts are the BEST......Sorry, had to do it guys!
Old 04-04-2007, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MOmightymite

ORIGINAL: MichaelHunsucker

Im assuming by "bow of the year" you mean who will sell the most?
No i dont think that's how it works. Maybe it does, but I saw a tv commercial and in magazines thatthe Trykonhad won bow of the year. I'm not sure who decides this or if it has to do with sales or not. If anyone else nows can you please clear things up.
Oh..interesting
Old 04-04-2007, 05:15 PM

I AGREE WITH RAMMER, I THINK IT WILL BE THE VECTRIX
Old 04-04-2007, 05:36 PM
Typical Buck

im going to agree with hoyt teen and say that the gaurdian wins the award just because of the new design
Old 04-04-2007, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think it could be a toss up between Hoyt vetrix, Bowtech Gaurdian, and Ross Cardiac. Personaly I think the Vectix is just a remake of the trykon so not a whole lot going for it. The gaurdian shoots nice but deffinetly qawdy looking. So Ross Cardiac it is.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would say we need to wait and judge the 2007 bow of the year when the 2008 ones come out. Pretty well every company now comes out with a new flagship bow every season and its instantly declared " the Best yet" by its fanboys wether it is better or not. There is still another good 8-9 months of bow sales yet for 2007. Some new models may rise above and some may show design flaws and tank. In my opinion if a new generation of bow does not offer more speed, more generous brace height and proven accuracy, basically a better performance then it may not be a real step forward. I have shot the Dren, Guardian, Vulcan and quite frankly those bows are so darn close in "overall" performance that you would really need to have actual sales figures to name a BEST OF 2007 BOW out of those 3.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's a bit hard to say at this point.

Hoyt
The Vectrix has all of the good things the Trykon had, but all Hoyt did was fix the draw cycle. While this is a big improvement on an already good bow, it's not earth shattering. The bows come with string suppressors this year which is a good thing to me, but their design seems to be damaging the strings.

The Vulcan has all of the nice things of the Vectrix with speed to boot, but it's short brace scares a lot of hunters away.

Mathews
IMHO they have taken a step back this year. The new limbs are smaller and lighter, but the new limb pockets require a less parallel limb design. Lighter limbs and less than parallel limbs result in more hand shock. This can be negated, but why go that route? The bow is not that much faster.

BowTech
The Guardian looked like it would run away with it this year, but now that the novelty has worn off the bow is criticized for a harsh draw cycle and is now plagued with cam lean that is damaging cables. It's a promising design, but still needs some tweaking.

The Allegiance is a great bow that has an improved grip and lighter riser, but again less weight leads to more vibration. Those that have older models of the Ally (myself included) have seen that this is evident. Again, it can be easily negated, but why do it in the first place?

Ross
Ross Cardiac. This bow looks very promising. Being a lefty I don't expect to shoot it for another month at the earliest, but my local shop has one and I was able to draw it and check it out. Very pleasing draw and has a nice solid back wall that was lacking in previous models. It's also very fast for the draw cycle ithas. There is a coating on the limbs that is supposed to protect the finish that is very cool. It comes with a string suppressor, teflon cable slide, and Winners Choice strings. Not to bad for a bow under $650. This could be my new hotness if its first impression carries over into how well it shoots. Good new company.

Darton
Another company that I feel has taken a step back. Their motto is "Say goodbye to old technology" but what the heck is that yoke device on the cables. I haven't seen anything like that in 10 years. The stand out of the Pro series is very fast and from what I understand smooth and shock free, but again only sports a 6 1/4" brace. I also would like to see what this company can do with a true binary cam. (Fanboys, they patented the name, not the technology).

Elite
This company also shows some promise. They have some of the most impressive offerings this year. I have yet to shoot the Synergy as a lefty but the shop owner let me shoot his right handed and I drew it left handed. Very smooth draw, 7" brace, very fast, and unbelievably quiet and shock free for how fast it is. It's not Guardian quiet, but it is quieter than an Allegiance and has more speed. The Envy is supposed to be even quieter and faster, but with a stiffer draw (speed's gotta come from somewhere). I haven't had the pleasure of seeing an Envy yet. If this company can stabilize their business and build up their dealer network, they could be scary. They've got the product, they just need to manage the business. Their instabiltiy does scare me.

So, bottom line, there is no clear cut winner. Not now at least. maybe in a few months. It doesn't matter anyway, mags will always favor Mathews because of all the money they put into advertising and TV will always favor Hoyt for the same reason. So, we'll never get an unbiased bow of the year.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:51 AM

dont know but i am voting for the drenalin of course.... oe those Mathews bows.
Old 04-06-2007, 06:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

Mathews
IMHO they have taken a step back this year. The new limbs are smaller and lighter, but the new limb pockets require a less parallel limb design. Lighter limbs and less than parallel limbs result in more hand shock. This can be negated, but why go that route? The bow is not that much faster.
I am wondering if you have shot the Drenalin ... the hand shock, if you can call it that, is almost nil IMO.

I shot them all, except the Cardiac, and for me, I repeat, for me, the bow of the year is the Drenalin ..... that is why I bought one
Old 04-06-2007, 07:02 AM
Dominant Buck

I see it differently......

"Bow of the year" is determined by a magazine....OR....magazine(S). These magazines are BUSINESSES.....and they rely on the advertising dollars of ALL the bow manufacturers to keep them afloat.

It's in their OWN best interest(s) to "spread the love".......and I think they (and the auto publications do this, too) will, again, this year. i'm betting the same manufacturer doesn't win it, this year. They won't be anxious to cut their own throats.

Quick Reply: Who wins bow of the year?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.