Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Who wins bow of the year? >

Who wins bow of the year?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Who wins bow of the year?

Old 04-07-2007, 09:48 AM

Default RE: Who wins bow of the year?

No optical illusion here (borrowed from various threads on AT);

Just because Len says it doesn't happen doesn't mean that its gospel. Its not gospel until Motown says.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:30 PM
Dominant Buck

Well there sure is something wrong with that bow. I haven't seen anything like that on the 8 or 10 I've handled and the 4 I've shot. There's a bad limb or axle or something. That is NOT the normal. We've all seen a bad bow of all manufacturers come down the pike. I'd say this is one of them. I wish he had posted a picture of the whole bow. It's almost like he changed the cable slide or something in an attempt to get more clearance. I'd love to know what he's shooting for arrows at what poundage. I even would suspect a violent dry fire or something to cause this kind of damage. My cables and strings show none of this or even a hint of it.
Old 04-07-2007, 12:50 PM

I wonder if the cams also hit on the limbs like my Tribute does?[&:]

Old 04-07-2007, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

mine look like that on my ally ducsauce i think that is how they all are as long as it doesnt touch the limb ill be fine
Old 04-07-2007, 03:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

[quote]ORIGINAL: Washington Hunter

No optical illusion here (borrowed from various threads on AT
Just because Len says it doesn't happen doesn't mean that its gospel. Its not gospel until Motown says.
[/quote

Thats right Washington. I'm not going so far as to say its gospel but have been hearing of this problem of cam lean for a while with Bowtechs. We will see in about 8 months. I'll just keep filling my tags with my crappy Switchback. That is gospel.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:15 PM

Wash, If you read that thread on AT the guy asks what the problem could be, and it turned out that an after market cable slide was causing the proble. It pulled the cables too far and were causing the cam lean which caused the wear.
Old 04-07-2007, 04:15 PM
Dominant Buck

Thats right Washington. I'm not going so far as to say its gospel but have been hearing of this problem of cam lean for a while with Bowtechs. We will see in about 8 months. I'll just keep filling my tags with my crappy Switchback. That is gospel.
Well heck boy, that's no judging criteria. I've been filling them with my Darton, people have filled them with Bowtech, stick bows... anything that'll throw an arrow for decades. And guess what, Guardians have already filled a bunch of tags. LOL As far as hearing about Guardian cam lean problems for a while, they just started hitting the stores in the last month. And if you're left handed, you still don't have one.

Thank you MOmightymite, that's why I said I wished I could have seen the whole bow. My cables don't line up anywhere near like his. I'm not talking about at the wheel, but with reference to parallel with the riser in the picture. It's all jerked out of shape. So the guy did a modification and it backfired on him. I rest my case, no cam lean in Guardians from the factory. Dumb can make an exception to anything.. I didn't see the thread in question but from the pictures it looked like the cable slide had been modified or something. And everyone is ready to jump on the bow as the problem. They make the things the way they do for a reason. Cam lean has always been a problem with bows. Bow tech made some changes to lessen that, so some guy decides to change their design and everyone blames BowTech. Just makes no sense does it.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Well heck boy, that's no judging criteria. I've been filling them with my Darton, people have filled them with Bowtech, stick bows... anything that'll throw an arrow for decades. And guess what, Guardians have already filled a bunch of tags. LOL As far as hearing about Guardian cam lean problems for a while, they just started hitting the stores in the last month. And if you're left handed, you still don't have one.

Thank you MOmightymite, that's why I said I wished I could have seen the whole bow. My cables don't line up anywhere near like his. I'm not talking about at the wheel, but with reference to parallel with the riser in the picture. It's all jerked out of shape. So the guy did a modification and it backfired on him. I rest my case, no cam lean in Guardians from the factory. Dumb can make an exception to anything.. I didn't see the thread in question but from the pictures it looked like the cable slide had been modified or something. And everyone is ready to jump on the bow as the problem. They make the things the way they do for a reason. Cam lean has always been a problem with bows. Bow tech made some changes to lessen that, so some guy decides to change their design and everyone blames BowTech. Just makes no sense does it.
Read the words Mr. Mill. Did I say Gurdian? I said Bowtech. A couple of friends around hereown the Alleg. and have had some problems. Some members on this forum have mentioned clearence issues. They are awsome bows. Like I said we will see in about 8 months. Sans the Sag.
Old 04-07-2007, 05:19 PM

ORIGINAL: Oneshot7

mine look like that on my ally ducsauce i think that is how they all are as long as it doesnt touch the limb ill be fine
Oh it doesn't touch the limb anymore. It falls nicely in between the grooves that the cam made.
Old 04-07-2007, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

Guardian