Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Turkey dekes.....Whatcha think? >

Turkey dekes.....Whatcha think?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Turkey dekes.....Whatcha think?

Old 04-04-2007, 05:04 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Turkey dekes.....Whatcha think?

On a side note (before I buy a pull cart)....

Does anyone here have a "wild thing" from DB?
Old 04-04-2007, 05:34 AM

LOOKS GOOD TO ME
Old 04-04-2007, 07:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

I bought the pretty boy pair last year. I got to hunt with it for a grand total of 10 minutes before it got blasted.

We called in four two-year-olds, and my buddy just HAD to shoot the one that was standingnose-to-nose withmy decoy. Now, my pretty boy sports a full pattern of #5's sprayed across the tailfan. It's kinda funny really. I could use a real tailfan, but now I like using the plastic one with the BB holes. It makes me laugh everytime I pull it out.

It really makes for a good story, b/c he's one of those guys that you can never get any dirt on, so now I get to jack him about how he whaled on my $100 decoy after I got to use it for 10 minutes.

We'd been dragging around a whole gaggle of these el-cheapo foam jobs for 15 years, and theyprobably only ever got peppered but a few times. I finally break down and buy a good set, and he puts a full pattern right across it's tailfan only a couple minutes into its first hunt.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:15 AM
Dominant Buck

Quick:

If I didn't hunt in "bow only" tracts......I wouldn't let anyone shoot over this one, either. Not after THAT story!...

Anybody sending a BH through my deke JUST BOUGHT THEMSELVES ONE!
Old 04-04-2007, 07:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

You hunt over dekes with a shotgun long enough (especially jake/tom decoys), it's bound to take a few bb's. Now, shooting one with a broadhead - that would be classic. That's an embarrassing story that would transcend generations. LMAO
Old 04-04-2007, 07:40 AM
Typical Buck

Nice looking hen!! Whoever asked about the inflatables, don't waste your money. Sure they pack up easy and they don't take up much room...but they don't look too real, especially when the sun hits em, they almost shine like a mirror. The flambeau's are better than the inflatables, IMO. And the inflatables suredon't like pellets, LOL.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a really good looking decoy! I can definately relate to you about lugging out a bunch of crap to the field! hahhha I started using B-Mobile this year; it packs up and carrys easily and i like it althought i havent had any luck with it just yet...let me know how she works for ya!