Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Please I Need Some Help! Tractor Help that is... >

Please I Need Some Help! Tractor Help that is...

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Please I Need Some Help! Tractor Help that is...

Old 03-31-2007, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Please I Need Some Help! Tractor Help that is...

I know this is in the bow hunting section, but I didn't see anywhere else to post it and this is the busiest part of the forum.

I was hoping to get some help her sinceI know bow hunters do their fair share offlood plotsto get close togame, I am personally not a bow hunter yet, but hope to one daybe, but my brotherjust started this past summerand he loves it. He shotthree pigs andone doe and passedon a lot of reallynice young bucks so they can machure for the future.

We havebeen using a truck to pullour disk for our food plot planting, but know wewantto get a tractor forour property. I have heard the brands to go withareJohn Deere and Kabota.

Our family needsa tractor that can dig out ponds,do road work, hall rocks, disk, plow, mowing; Iguess weneed onepretty much to do a lot of work.

Any recommendations on what tractors to buy, horse power recommendations, etc.We have neverbought a tractorbefore and need some guidance,but guessing wewill need around 50 to 60 horse power tractor?

Thanks for any help,

TexasOaks
Old 03-31-2007, 05:30 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Please I Need Some Help! Tractor Help that is...

Try the Wildlife Managmentforum under General Hunting. They might know more than us
Old 03-31-2007, 05:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hoytteen

Try the Wildlife Managementforum under General Hunting. They might know more than us
No... Also there is a max of five people at a time in there... just no love for wildlife management forum.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:14 PM
Typical Buck

Well in that case, i've heard that John Deere's are good and also Farmall's. We have a really old one up at the cabin to disk some rye and stuff. nottin big. then again she's from the early 1900's
Old 03-31-2007, 06:25 PM

TexasOaks, go to qdma.com and go to their forums. They have a thread going that answers all your questions about tractors. Lots of info. Many experienced farmers and plotters with tons of knowledge. My 2 cents would be to get more tractor than you think you'll need, get a 4 wd and color don't matter.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Antler Addict

TexasOaks, go to qdma.com and go to their forums. They have a thread going that answers all your questions about tractors. Lots of info. Many experienced farmers and plotters with tons of knowledge. My 2 cents would be to get more tractor than you think you'll need, get a 4 wd and color don't matter.
I appreciate it.
Old 03-31-2007, 06:33 PM

Not a problem Tex, the tractor thread is in the foodplot forum. Good stuff!
Old 03-31-2007, 07:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hello Texas Oaks, without knowing your budget, it's hard to give you accurate advice that will help you.

From what your describing as a workdescription, I would suggest a tractor with 70-90 horsepower. I personally only buy John Deere, but there are many quality tractors out there(Massey Ferguson, Case, etc.) that will do the job just fine for you. If your just planting food plots, and ditch cleaning try pricing a used John Deere 5525. It's 91 horsepower, which is more than plenty for what your doing. You can pull a 12' disk, and a 4 bottom plow with no problem. Deere makes a nice front end loader set-up for their 5000 series tractors, as well as a backhoe attachment. A brand new 5525 base tractor with 4WD goes for about 35 grand, add 4,500.00 and they'll throw in an air conditioned cab. The front end loader is about 7000.00.I'm not sure what the backhoe attachment costs but as you can see it's certainly not cheap. The good thing is they offer 0% financing.

If you don't want to go new, you could easily find a used Deere or another make with a loader and backhoe attachment included(I see them all of the time)on Tractorhouse.com

You definately can get by with a smaller rig, like the 5025, or for that matter anything in their 5000 series(their considered utility tractors)with both attachmentsfor less money, but I would look for somthing that would be versitile in this manner.......Ceck-em out on the Deere websight. (didn't mean to throw you offf with the bigger one, but sometimes the lighter tractors are limited, especially when you want to do as much as you have in mind.)

Good Luck.
Old 03-31-2007, 07:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was looking at this one:

http://www.deere.com/servlet/ProdCatProduct?tM=FR&pNbr=5203%20LV

Is this model to low of horse power?
Old 03-31-2007, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's a nice tractor. Your best bet is to go a dealer and try it out. Make sure it has what you need.

Quick Reply: Please I Need Some Help! Tractor Help that is...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.