Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Would you sell your deer >

Would you sell your deer

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yes
42.86%
No
40.48%
Maybe
16.67%
Voters: 126. You may not vote on this poll

Would you sell your deer

Old 03-30-2007, 04:15 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Would you sell your deer

Kinda surprised at some of the responses.....

Let's see, now....I'm going to get an exact replica......AND get paid for the "original"???

It wouldn't take the fgures previously posted. As far as I'm concerned....how much of the deer I shot in December is going to come back to me in June (when I get it from the Taxidermist), anyways? If they put 2 mounts side by side.....and told me I could take one of them home......and $_______.__....chances are...they just bought themselves a piece of deer hide and some bone.

My wife and I do "OK"......but I think I'd be called an IDIOT by someone (or was I, already???)....If I turned that $$ down for ...........for what?

It's a deer. A DEER.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

For what I hear that Bass Pro Shop and Cabela's are paying for deer and giving me a replica I sure would.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Faster than you could spit!
Old 03-30-2007, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Fo Schizzzo!! Most people can't tell the difference between a replica and the real deal.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:38 AM

Cabelas is notorious for doing it...
Heck, for a replica, I would be down in a heartbeat.
Plus, your name and location get put on a plaque under the buck in a Cabelas store (This is what I was told by someone)...
Its like your ten minutes of fame, only it lasts forever.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: uncle matt

ORIGINAL: Killer_Primate

I just wanted to hurry up and say, that anyone who says "no, they would not sell it" is an idiot!

I wanted to hurry so that I'm not pointing out anyone by name, you answer that way from here on, and it's on you baby!
more blah blah blah........

first you have to tag a trophy
You guys are funny!

First off, I knew some would not like my statement, but no figure was specified. So how can one answer "no" illegal or not?

I'm sure there is an amount that would not only make everyone part with their deer, but be more than enough to cover any fine, retain a lawyer and etc...

That's why my first response was revolved around "how much would you.... "

Everything has a price tag, sorry, even a deer...

And someone’s uncle Matt, I'm sure you have a price, and I have tagged a trophy, to me anyway...

I didn't mean "idiot" for not taking an offer that you don't find attractive enough. It was revolved around not thinking about the question that was presented.

See ya!
Old 03-30-2007, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

This was posted last year during the off season, but I think it involved a world class buck, not just a P&Y. My answer then was the same as now: yes. An exact replica (mold cast) would look just as good to me as the original. I don't take them off the wall and fondle them so, just looking the same is good enough. I don't want the liability of loss or theft on something that is worth that much money. I can't afford expensive decorations that are worth as much as the rest of my house (assuming six figure amounts). If it was a famous level buck I would have to retain all replica/image rights. It would be irresponsible and selfish for me to deprive my family of such an income source, especially if no harm is done,or laws are broken. Besides I could then afford to spend more time hunting, which is what I enjoy more than staring at a trophy on the wall. Shoot, I'd even take that deal for four figures on a non-record buck. Think of it this way: if a fire destroyed all your trophies would youhave lost your memories? Just because they're on our wall now doesn't mean we can't loose them so why should I act like it's something I HAVE to hold onto?
Old 03-30-2007, 07:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

How much were you offered Joey?

Excellent question Matt

Still an awesome buck Joey.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'm pretty confident that, unless some good soul takes me hunting in an area where buck can actually grow to monstrous sizes, I'll never shoot anything that anybody would wanna buy anyway.

We kill maybe 2 deer in PA every year that are really worth showing off. We sell 1,000,000 tags. That puts my chances at 1-in-500,000. Or two ten-thousandths of a percent. Not good odds.

If the stars would align, and I actually DID shoot a big deer, I'd have no qualms about selling the rack, so long as I got an acceptable replica in return. Call me old-fashioned, but I still believe that our wildlife is public property, and that a trophy deer should be enjoyed by the masses to whatever extent possible. So, if some good soul wants to pay me for a rack so that he can show it off inside a Bass Pro store, then have at it.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:24 AM
Spike

I would sell it as long as they letme have a replica of it first.

Quick Reply: Would you sell your deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.